Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
House

Loot tables discovered, scavenging worthless

House    584

LINK

Scavenging is, by design and coding, not affecting material chests, at all. Scavenging affects ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY the chances for unnamed mobs to drop better shit. It does not affect ANY material crates, bosses or mission rewards. So, if you want more blues/purples from the random kills you do, equip scavenging.

• Like 1

Chuckles    920

Whelp, thank gawd I spent all those mats crafting and recrafting Nomads.

I had long since suspected it was meaningless buy had thought it was fixed/altered with the FL update.

I'm gonna go cry now.

House    584
1 hour ago, Chuckles said:

Whelp, thank gawd I spent all those mats crafting and recrafting Nomads.

I had long since suspected it was meaningless buy had thought it was fixed/altered with the FL update.

I'm gonna go cry now.

Nomad was terrible even if scavenging made you get more yellows. 4 piece = if you get killed you heal and just die again because the other guy has a useful set that does a lot of damage and you are gimping yourself with nomads. 

• Like 1

Chuckles    920

Bah, the idea of Nomads was just to wear two (100% Scavenge) and then four of the gear that's worthwhile.

House    584
12 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Bah, the idea of Nomads was just to wear two (100% Scavenge) and then four of the gear that's worthwhile.

4 pc sentry with savage gloves and reckless chest is the goal until they fix reckless. You could always get a lot of scavenging as a minor armor stat if you wanted it. The people in charge of gear and rewards in this game are clueless. Here is the new "tank" set coming in 1.2 

Set Bonuses

• Set Bonus (2):
    +20%
     Armor
  • Set Bonus (3):
    +20% Exotic Damage Resilience
  • Set Bonus (4):
    Talent | Juggernaut
    When you kill an enemy you are healed by 5% of your max health.

- Armor is still capped at 65% dmg mitigation so this just lets you not stack as much which is not worth losing individual gear talents or other set bonuses for.

- Exotic Dmg resilience is not bad but considering this doesn't change the insane amount of dmg that bullets to your face do now from people wearing Sentry/Strikers this is meh

- 4 piece is a complete joke. 

Chuckles    920

Should change that to being healed .5% of damage for each round that hits an enemy. Or .25%.

Something like that.

House    584

I'm pretty sure you can get more health on kill as a major attribute on pieces of armor so this doesn't make sense to me at all. The 4 pc should be a huge bonus and this is just not at all. IMO it should give you a flat dmg reduction of 20-30% at 4 pieces to make you an actual tanky character. 

BDaddyK    1133

Good thing I never went all in and rolled to the hilt for scavenging talents on my gear...

Stevie Knuckles    3559
16 hours ago, House said:

I'm pretty sure you can get more health on kill as a major attribute on pieces of armor so this doesn't make sense to me at all. The 4 pc should be a huge bonus and this is just not at all. IMO it should give you a flat dmg reduction of 20-30% at 4 pieces to make you an actual tanky character. 

you can. i have pieces that have 6% and some that have 5%. i tried rolling higher but got impatient lol

i think stacked im getting like 15% total back on kill.

and apparently killing a rat,dog,or bird counts as a kill. havent tried it but thats what some people are saying.

Brentifex    150

The game is still growing.  Perhaps they are planning to either raise the armor cap for PVE, or treat it differently for PVP (like resilience in WoW, if you remember that).  I'm willing to play a little less now that I've done everything while they work things out.  MMO games always have rocky starts.  This one was rocky, and the Falcon Lost debacle has made it much worse.  It will get better, though.

At least you aren't on PC where every third player in the DZ is running a third party hack that makes them the equivalent of fighting a cross between Neo and Zeus.

• Like 1

House    584
2 hours ago, Brentifex said:

The game is still growing.  Perhaps they are planning to either raise the armor cap for PVE, or treat it differently for PVP (like resilience in WoW, if you remember that).  I'm willing to play a little less now that I've done everything while they work things out.  MMO games always have rocky starts.  This one was rocky, and the Falcon Lost debacle has made it much worse.  It will get better, though.

At least you aren't on PC where every third player in the DZ is running a third party hack that makes them the equivalent of fighting a cross between Neo and Zeus.

Oh, I'm on PC (I mean, c'mon, I'm not 12 :) ). I usually run with a solid group of guys but we've been taken down one by one by hackers using rate of fire glitches and shooting thru walls. we've also killed our fair share of those shitheads too. 

Stevie Knuckles    3559
On 4/22/2016 at 10:12 AM, Chuckles said:

So now I can provide an excu-...reason for shooting every dog I see?

can confirm it does work. was low on health and popped a dog with my 1911. boom heath granted.

Dr Superb    2343

I'm still having fun with the game even though i haven't picked up better gear in 2 weeks other than the gear set gear.  that being said, i'm sure if someone knew MMOs more than me, i would be able to have a better character.  i don't even know what rerolling is.

BDaddyK    1133
53 minutes ago, Dr Superb said:

I'm still having fun with the game even though i haven't picked up better gear in 2 weeks other than the gear set gear.  that being said, i'm sure if someone knew MMOs more than me, i would be able to have a better character.  i don't even know what rerolling is.

Upstairs in the main base next to the advanced gear vendor is a station that lets you "re-roll" (change) one stat on each piece of your gear (not weapons), like in Diablo 3. 

Brentifex    150
8 hours ago, House said:

Oh, I'm on PC (I mean, c'mon, I'm not 12 :) ). I usually run with a solid group of guys but we've been taken down one by one by hackers using rate of fire glitches and shooting thru walls. we've also killed our fair share of those shitheads too. 

If they're running the new hack, you can't kill them at all.  They can set it to auto-teleport the second they take damage--meaning that unless you one-shot them, they just disappear.  It's frustrating as hell.  They can also automate it to teleport to and loot every division tech chest.  So not only am I already bottle-necked by that stupid resource, it's now being harvested in greater quantities by hackers.

Stevie Knuckles    3559
10 hours ago, Brentifex said:

If they're running the new hack, you can't kill them at all.  They can set it to auto-teleport the second they take damage--meaning that unless you one-shot them, they just disappear.  It's frustrating as hell.  They can also automate it to teleport to and loot every division tech chest.  So not only am I already bottle-necked by that stupid resource, it's now being harvested in greater quantities by hackers.

all hail that PC master race amirite? :p

• Like 1

LilUbo    4504
1 hour ago, Stevie Knuckles said:

all hail that PC master race amirite? :p

SAVAGE BRUH!

• Like 1

Dr Superb    2343
23 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Upstairs in the main base next to the advanced gear vendor is a station that lets you "re-roll" (change) one stat on each piece of your gear (not weapons), like in Diablo 3. 

yea i saw that.  its only gear, not weapons.. the recalibration station....

BDaddyK    1133
2 hours ago, Dr Superb said:

yea i saw that.  its only gear, not weapons.. the recalibration station....

Yup! But, with only one re-roll what to change, Scavenging, protection from Elites?! Choices, choices...

BDaddyK    1133
43 minutes ago, Stevie Knuckles said:

+% ammo

+% health on kill

they are my go to re rolls  seems to be the only ones not broken lol

Wait a bit, they'll get their turn...