Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Stevie Knuckles

Division 1.2 OMG

Dr Superb    2343
Just now, Chuckles said:

So I wasn't the only one with that UI nonsense? At least I can share in that misery.

its everyone that joins someone else instance...

Chuckles    920

The group I was in I was the only one that had that problem.

Maybe it's a TAG thing.

LilUbo    4504
1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

Wow, Holy hell gear sets dropping like crazy last night in HVT missions. I scored four 240 pieces, and a complete Lone Star gear set (set blows). Some missions I got two gear pieces from the boss drop and then one for the mission reward. I can't see it being this generous going forward, it's just too good. 

The HVT missions are a lot of fun. It's nice to also have reason to kick it in the PvE side of things again.

How long were you farming HVT for?

BDaddyK    1133

We did all the dailies and weeklies, took us about a two hrs. Once you complete them you don't get the mission rewards, and I think boss drops. 

LilUbo    4504
4 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

We did all the dailies and weeklies, took us about a two hrs. Once you complete them you don't get the mission rewards, and I think boss drops. 

don't get mission rewards??? please clarify!

BDaddyK    1133
24 minutes ago, LilUbo said:

don't get mission rewards??? please clarify!

Once you complete the daily and weekly HVT missions you can't keep playing them and collecting the mission reward. It's a one and done deal. 

I don't know if it's a glitch, or also so you can't easily farm HE gear, but one person in our party also didn't get any drops from the HVT either, on his subsequent playthroughs. 

BDaddyK    1133
6 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

So far I really like this update. Less grindy and more fun. Got 2 set drops,bought one and got a new rifle. We tried the incursion but got wiped at the main part a few times and called it a night. Good times @BDaddyK @IJSTKKDURAZZ @PachucoBro

Most definitely good times. They really brought the fun back with the latest update. 

DukeDesu    898

The HVTs and search and destroy missions have helped me gear up quite a bit. A very welcome change of bringing a bit more life back into the PvE world as well. 

However, I'm getting the UI bug, and it seems to become exponentially worse with each group I join. First group it's a double of my UI, second it's a triple, and I've gone up to a quad now after finishing the daily challenge mission. Damn does my map lag when I try to load it lmao.

Chuckles    920

I made the mistake of thinking that since I breezed through the search and destroy missions that my first HVT would be too.

Four or five of those damned heavies for that doctor one. G'damn...

Hoptimus    1134

I rolled with just one other guy last night and doing the dailies were not bad till we got to the last one. There were mobs and mobs and we wiped a few times but finally got it. I got 4 set items and quite a few golds last night.

• Like 1

Chuckles    920

Today is my first full day of no responsibilities but to my Xbox. I shall be KING!!1!

BDaddyK    1133
17 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Today is my first full day of no responsibilities but to my Xbox. I shall be KING!!1!

Pffftt newb...

DukeDesu    898

Are the search and destroy or HVT mission difficulties at all affected directly by the zone level they're in? For instance, if I stuck to just the top-right for search and destroy, would I end up with higher level mobs and a higher chance of drops, or no?

BDaddyK    1133
1 hour ago, DukeSavesLives said:

Are the search and destroy or HVT mission difficulties at all affected directly by the zone level they're in? For instance, if I stuck to just the top-right for search and destroy, would I end up with higher level mobs and a higher chance of drops, or no?

I don't think so, I think it just goes by the difficulty of the target selected, they're in descending order of difficulty at the vendor. 

Yelgis    54

The HVT's are certainly fun. Relyt and I did all of the daily ones basically 2 man and then a friend of his from work jumped on and we did all the weekly ones 3man. The one with all the heavy cleaners was great fun. Would have been much more manageable with a 4th and none of us are incredibly geared, but it was fun. I like that drops are way better now. Still haven't had time to get to the incursion though.

I can say HVT's don't give you anything if you already completed them. You can join another player for his dailies/weekly if you have already done them, but the bosses won't drop anything at all. You still get the bird bucks for it though so it is strange.

Dr Superb    2343
On May 25, 2016 at 0:32 PM, Hoptimus said:

So far I really like this update. Less grindy and more fun. Got 2 set drops,bought one and got a new rifle. We tried the incursion but got wiped at the main part a few times and called it a night. Good times @BDaddyK @IJSTKKDURAZZ @PachucoBro

What's your GT?  lets play!

LilUbo    4504
3 minutes ago, Dr Superb said:

What's your GT?  lets play!

:trap:

you are in bed before he gets on lol

LilUbo    4504
Just now, Dr Superb said:

EH?

Hopi is in Arizona. I believe he gets online around 10:30pm/11pm EDT!

Dr Superb    2343
2 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

Hit me up, we'll kick it

GT?  or add me, Dr Superb if you are on xb1