Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
PachucoBro

Easiest Way to Get Minty Green 214 and 240 Items

So as some people have mentioned in other threads... High Value Target (HVT) Missions are one of the fun-est things you can do in The Division after patch 1.2. Specifically we are talking about the two most difficult Weekly HVT Missions, which will drop a guaranteed Minty Green 214/240 gear for completing the mission and a possible RNG drop from the Boss. OH and pay attention to the YELLOW drops because these missions will drop 182 and 204 weapons!

This video shows the inventory of my Skill Build char (1 of 3 chars) and my Stash (Junk Items) and you will see I have a bunch of Minty Greens.

Now you may be saying that the Weekly mission can only be done once a week and that isn't that great, but that doesn't mean your buddies don't sill have the mission available. So play with them and have them buy the mission with their Target Intel.

Ok so you don't have any TAG friends or maybe all of your friends have already done it??? Well unless you are adverse to talking and making friends with XBOXLive... you can go to your map screen and hit 'Y' for Matchmaking. Join a few groups and ask if they are down to get some Minty Green gear sets and tell them all about the HVT missions. Most still don't know about them and most of the time they aren't a part of TAG and could use some friends to be able to complete the very difficult weekly missions which do require 4 people working together.

ALSO... a slight glitch that still requires you to kill all enemies and does not allow you any shortcuts, but does allow you to continue to 'do' the weekly missions over and over is to:

1. Pulse the boss once he comes out.
  2. Everyone runs outside the mission area. You MUST be able to 'see' the diamond/silhouette/name while outside the mission area.
  3. Wait for the mission to fail.
  4. Return to the mission area and kill the boss and get an RNG chance of a minty Green drop.
  5. Then you go back to the BoO and redo the mission free of charge. Rinse and Repeat.

Some other things to remember... Once one person enters the mission area the timer starts and all members of the group must get inside the mission area within a minute or two otherwise the mission will fail and all enemies will disappear.

By the way, Search and Destroy missions at each Safe House Map Board will give you Target Intel and doing them solo is WAY easier, but if you do them in a group everyone get the Target Intel which will allow your group to do more HVT Missions overall.

Feel free to invite me to your group to do some Weekly HVT missions!

46 minutes ago, taintedzodiac said:

Expected to read about yet another exploit. Was not disappointed!

Yeah... This one is good for those against exploits since you still have to kill all the enemies it's just the game is broken *gasp* to where it's possible to do the weekly mission multiple times if you don't 'complete' it. It's still a random drop from the boss, but even the yellows are high level weapons.

On 5/28/2016 at 3:34 PM, PachucoBro said:

Yeah... This one is good for those against exploits

I want to, don't think I will though. 

54 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Don't worry. It was patched long before.

So no more HVT farming?

Not over and over. Don't the named bosses still drop for people that already completed 'em?

7 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Not over and over. Don't the named bosses still drop for people that already completed 'em?

No they don't. Once you complete the HVT mission you get squat for doing it again. 

Just now, Dr Superb said:

what is a RNG drop?

RNG is random number generator.  so its just a random drop. (i found this out over the weekend lol didnt know either)

24 minutes ago, Stevie Knuckles said:

RNG is random number generator.  so its just a random drop. (i found this out over the weekend lol didnt know either)

you guys are killing me here....

• Like 3