• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Chuckles

Fallout 4 and all DLC free on Xbox!

ninjabjj    1286

LOL - I do agree it's stupid they don't do demos very often like last gen. You would think if the game is decent that would generate more sales and make it worth while.  But without the data hard to say I suppose. I liked having it before buying. And I know I have not bought as many without knowing as a result personally. 

hybridhavoc    714
LOL - I do agree it's stupid they don't do demos very often like last gen. You would think if the game is decent that would generate more sales and make it worth while.  But without the data hard to say I suppose. I liked having it before buying. And I know I have not bought as many without knowing as a result personally. 

I think that too many developers have chosen to release a "beta" rather than a demo - arguably fulfilling the same role, but their data may show a better acquisition rate from the beta. For those games that do neither, I assume that for some of them the release of a demo is viewed as limiting potential sales, as they can attempt to market it in ways that will appeal to those that won't actually enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Cbaoth    657
9 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

I think that too many developers have chosen to release a "beta" rather than a demo - arguably fulfilling the same role, but their data may show a better acquisition rate from the beta. For those games that do neither, I assume that for some of them the release of a demo is viewed as limiting potential sales, as they can attempt to market it in ways that will appeal to those that won't actually enjoy the game.

Pretty much; with a beta, we as the fans/buyers (pick your term) do the work for them in ironing out any kinks.  This means they have to hire fewer (if any) real game testers, since the audience is doing that, & simply confirm any broken or buggy (again, pick your term) reports.  

hybridhavoc    714
57 minutes ago, Cbaoth said:

Pretty much; with a beta, we as the fans/buyers (pick your term) do the work for them in ironing out any kinks.  This means they have to hire fewer (if any) real game testers, since the audience is doing that, & simply confirm any broken or buggy (again, pick your term) reports.  

I would really doubt that they are opting to not have any game testers at all.  Even the beta versions we play have already gone through a lot of testing, and even while or after running a public beta, the value of actual testers with standardized and thorough reporting tools is so high that I can't imagine any development team neglecting that process.

Chuckles    920

There are alpha and beta testers. Then there's the general public made into stress testers for multiplayer.

Anything actually new they find is simply icing (or a headache).