210 posts in this topic

Or OW for short.

BRING THE PAIN!!!

While e'ry day shall find me and likely others hilariously pretending at l33tness we'll be trying to get everyone together on Wednesdays for some TAGicide madness.

For those not in the know:

OW is a fun and action-packed multiplayer shooter full of colorful characters. Each play differently, with their own strengths and weaknesses, and you'll invariably find one (or much more) that fit your style.

Go long with the snipers, short with the tanks or absolutely insane with everyone else!

It's squad-based, meaning six players to a team with two teams duking it out. Communication is key, usually via swearing and crying to a multitude of deities.

Edited by Chuckles
2 people like this

What a time to be alive. 

I learned to swear from working with truck drivers, practiced it on the golf course, but this game is perfecting my cursing game.

1 hour ago, Chuckles said:

Today....

It is definitely easier to win with a full group of six, regardless of ability.

Working as intended then!

Who in? You in? Gotta get those play o' da games, yo!

I'll never get one playing as Mercy. Had a match with Romano where I did a full team rez TWICE on a point in the same match that we also won. I forget who the PotG went to but it definitely wasn't me or Romano (who held all the points as Reinhardt).

1 person likes this

Got one with her where I rezzed three people and then shot three in a row. All low health and lucky head shots.

Or it was a Highlight.

Edited by Chuckles

4 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Got one with her where I rezzed three people and then shot three in a row. All low health and lucky head shots.

Or it was a Highlight.

8e9b16f1034f9384_tumblr_mfigx2ycRa1r7a2o

1 person likes this

Last night was good! We got up to a six and were ballin'. We were able to figure out:

• There apparently is no such thing as too many Lucio's.
  • We would lose games because the other side cheated.
  • Stealing each other's kills is a matter of teamwork until the last possible second.
  • Winning hard-fought games is the best feeling.
  • We've yet to experience that feeling.
  • Too many players are responsible adults with responsible adult bed times.

I've saved some clips and I'll attempt cleanin' and postin' 'em later today.

4 people like this

22 hours ago, DukeSavesLives said:

I'll never get one playing as Mercy. Had a match with Romano where I did a full team rez TWICE on a point in the same match that we also won. I forget who the PotG went to but it definitely wasn't me or Romano (who held all the points as Reinhardt).

They said they were working on changing up the play of the game highlights.  I'm hoping they take gameplay into account instead of just multikills.  But then again, i guess that wouldn't be as exciting.

Here's the one I recorded last night when I helped clear out the point as Reinhardt.  If you squint real hard you can see that Chuckles actually got the triple kill clean up after I knocked everyone down.

I don't think i've uploaded an xbox clip to youtube before.  Is the picture always so fuzzy?  I'm pretty sure I didn't record this from a VHS tape.

2 people like this

In defense, I point you towards bullet point #3.

All the other videos come out pretty clear on this site...

Here's a certain Lucio player bein' a dick.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Here's a certain Lucio player bein' a dick.

I wonder who that could be? Sure looked like he was helping, and being totally awesome at the same time.

2 people like this

I'm actually in this video for like two seconds. Dying.

Edited by DukeSavesLives

27 minutes ago, DukeSavesLives said:

I'm actually in this video for like two seconds. Dying.

'Twas a noble death! A deed worthy o' song 'n drink!

Who'r you, again?

34 minutes ago, Zenlizard said:

I wonder who that could be? Sure looked like he was helping, and being totally awesome at the same time.

Not with that sarcastic "Push off". We all know you weren't talkin' to him...

On 6/16/2016 at 1:50 PM, romanodog said:

Here's the one I recorded last night when I helped clear out the point as Reinhardt.  If you squint real hard you can see that Chuckles actually got the triple kill clean up after I knocked everyone down.

I don't think i've uploaded an xbox clip to youtube before.  Is the picture always so fuzzy?  I'm pretty sure I didn't record this from a VHS tape.

You can be my Rien-man any day!

I tried soloing earlier. Got in a bunch of those teams that are exactly as Honest Trailers described them: everyone going their own way. No thanks. This is not a solo game!

I've gotten lucky about half the time. I can usually get a couple to stick with me if I first stick with them. Literally showing babies how to walk.

But, yeah, even having only one more teammate with a mic shows a huge improvement.

I'm not even asking for a mic; just the balls to proceed in the general direction of the objective for attackers. Seems whenever I land on a pug attacking team they all want to play the hide and snipe game. I guess it's really hard for people to break their fear of dying.

Well, having done it once I gotta admit it kinda blows.

What with the fire, brimstone and New Kids On The Block playing on the loud speakers.