• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
metalsiren

Titanfall 2 technicall test MP

Duke大王    884
1 minute ago, Chuckles said:

Isn't it all supposed to be "pre-alpha" anyway?

They may call it a pre-alpha but having worked in Software QA that's just marketing speak so that it won't get dinged as bad in reviews. This is so close to release there isn't enough time for them to fix any of the gameplay critiques. 

An actual pre-alpha would be on the level of an engine test with barely anything finished gameplay-wise. This is finished software. At best, this was released as a server stress test but mainly promotional reasons. Real alphas only go out to friends and family of game developers.

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714
1 hour ago, DukeSavesLives said:

Reddit was in flames yesterday about it. It seems the general consensus of the entire Internet that the game isn't titanfall and it isn't fun.

Reddit is always in flames about something or another. I don't take their tantrums seriously.  Reddit is a bottomless salt mine.

Chuckles    920
1 hour ago, DukeSavesLives said:

October 28th, 2016

Ah. Then kinda sorta definitely absolutely not a "pre-alpha" state.

metalsiren    422

Ok decided to install titanfall 1 back and OMFG I forgot how much fun this game was even when playing by myself.

It's much faster than TF2... Timer for Titans much better, much better customization. I can choose any weapon or Titan chassis etc. even the perks for the guns are different in TF1 depending on the gun. In TF2 they are all the same.

I think I will spend my time in TF1 lets get that game going again.

MetalSiren

• Like 2

metalsiren    422

Ohh and unless I see drastic change in this game there is no fucking way I am going to get it. Next one for me would be BF1 heard that's supposed to back to what made BF fun

MetalSiren

• Like 1

Wolfrat    526
12 minutes ago, romanodog said:

Man, I haven't had a chance to play yet but you're all bumming me out.  

I am despondent.  I had such great faith in Respawn because they did such an amazing job of supporting and improving Titanfall, especially with listening to players concerns and directly implementing those concerns into the game to make the game just about perfect.

Titanfall 2 is not just bad, it is everything we ever imagined could go wrong with Titanfall 2 and more.  They made it worse it ways we could not even imagine.  It is simply astonishing and depressing.  I am not sure any sane person should purchase Titanfall 2.

There is no question that playing the original Titanfall would be much more fun than playing Titanfall 2.

• Like 1

Wolfrat    526
2 hours ago, metalsiren said:

Ok decided to install titanfall 1 back and OMFG I forgot how much fun this game was even when playing by myself.

It's much faster than TF2... Timer for Titans much better, much better customization. I can choose any weapon or Titan chassis etc. even the perks for the guns are different in TF1 depending on the gun. In TF2 they are all the same.

I think I will spend my time in TF1 lets get that game going again.

MetalSiren

We still play Titanfall, we being me and Wyvern.  It is still an amazing and fun game.  I am beyond stunned and beyond depressed that Titanfall 2 appears to be the worst sequel Respawn could have possibly made.

Wolfrat    526

Why does Titanfall 2 suck beyond all reality and reason?  I think this author said it best:

" "It seems like the people who love the new changes are NOT the people who played Titanfall 1. They are the people who put maybe 10 hours in and they went on the bandwagon to say it 'failed' and what not. Respawn seems to have alienated everybody who loved the original and extensively played the original in favor of attracting the audience that didn't like it." "

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/961/respawn-designed-titanfall-2-for-the-people-who-abandoned-the-first-one-soon-after-launch

xcoaste    609

Thanks for the insight. I enjoyed the first Titanfall and was hoping this would build on that. So many goods games coming out in the fall that I can pass on this one now.

Deadmeat    268

This was on my preorder/first day list.  It is now on my maybe if it's a smokin deal list.  That said, my experience friday night was horrible.  Trying a few more games today (sat) improved some.  Actually called in some titans and got to use them for a bit, so a little more enjoyable.  But the movement sucks, seems like people have hax going already, and the movement sucks (yeah I said it twice for emphasis).  I can't get any flow going, and that is what 1 was about, moving and shooting.  I used to love crossing maps and learning  new routes.  But when I do well in this beta, I'm creeping and moving slow, hoping to catch people looking the wrong way.  I had such high hopes.  I need to play some original again, but I'm gonna keep giving this a go the rest of this weekend and look for a glimmer of hope

• Like 3

romanodog    2383

All the comparisons to CoD... ugh.

Titanfall was pretty much a perfect game, how could they change it so much??  All they needed to do was add more stuff and don't fuck with the mechanics.

• Like 3

Wolfrat    526
36 minutes ago, Deadmeat said:

I can't get any flow going, and that is what 1 was about, moving and shooting.  I used to love crossing maps and learning  new routes.  But when I do well in this beta, I'm creeping and moving slow, hoping to catch people looking the wrong way.  I had such high hopes.  I need to play some original again, but I'm gonna keep giving this a go the rest of this weekend and look for a glimmer of hope

I noticed the exact same thing:  I had to play this game as if it was Call of Duty or Rainbow Six Siege to start doing well.  I found a spot and camped.  I creeped around slowly, trying to stay hidden and avoid rooftops and sightlines.  I have never played Titanfall in this manner, except if it was Pilot Hunter and I was waiting to get my next Titan.  I have played over 5,000 (literally five thousand) multiplayer PvP matches in the original Titanfall.  I was always moving, running, jumping, wall-hanging, cloaking, hunting, jamming, ramming, corn-hole cramming,  but Titanfall 2 feels like a completely differently game in the worst way possible.  I would rather play the Halo 5 multiplayer PvP, which I hated.  I would certainly just as soon play the original Titanfall...

...although what are the chances that Respawn shuts down the Titanfall servers once Titanfall 2 launches?

BDaddyK    1106
6 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Isn't it all supposed to be "pre-alpha" anyway?

Well it's almost September, they better be getting on with the alpha'in then if the game ships at the end of October...

• Like 1

Wolfrat    526
2 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

Well it's almost September, they better be getting on with the alpha'in then if the game ships at the end of October...

This Open Tech Test is the game.  There is no chance in Hell that we are going to see any changes of significance in the basic gameplay of this title between now and when it is for sale in retail stores in 10 weeks or less.  The game is done, they are tweaking minute changes and getting the servers ready for launch.  Titanfall 2 is a steaming pile of crap compared to Titanfall.  I guess I will start looking at Battlefield 1, which i had zero interest in purchasing before Respawn pissed in the punch bowl and ruined the party.

Duke大王    884
5 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

Reddit is always in flames about something or another. I don't take their tantrums seriously.  Reddit is a bottomless salt mine.

Like any major Internet site, it does present an easy way to survey the population of a subset by a quick glance. They're currently very well organically ranked in search results for any related search term on their popular subreddits, which means their posts and discussions are often the first things a user will see when searching for something (you can blame Google's search algorithms for that). 

In that light, it actually is important that companies at least attempt to pay attention to the salt of Reddit. That aside, if you were to look at the Titanfall subreddit you'd find their users saying the exact same thing we're all saying in this thread, which was my point, ergo -- a lot of people agree this isn't Titanfall. 

• Like 3

thebigjay19    198

I was able to play one game today plus the tutorial. In that very limited sample I'm going to blame the map and not the movement. I ran the gauntlet 3-4 times and it was fun. Felt like Titanfall. On the other hand, the hardpoint match I played had a ton of campers, very few titans, and even fewer places to wallrun. Maybe they want us to use the stupid grappling hook? I was disappointed when I first seen it, and now after using it I'm even more disappointed. It's very slow and not fun. Also by the time I got my titan the match was over so I didn't get to use it much. I was afraid that this game was going to be bad even before Respawn announced it, now I'm just sad that it's becoming a reality.

Duke大王    884

So apparently network matchmaking is now broken, meaning we can't even play with each other unless RNGesus sees it fit to stick us in the same match. 

hybridhavoc    714
4 minutes ago, DukeSavesLives said:

So apparently network matchmaking is now broken, meaning we can't even play with each other unless RNGesus sees it fit to stick us in the same match. 

Pretty much. I did have some decent games earlier though. I'm trying to focus on Pilot vs Pilot since that is still the majority of the gameplay.

Duke大王    884
Just now, hybridhavoc said:

Pretty much. I did have some decent games earlier though. I'm trying to focus on Pilot vs Pilot since that is still the majority of the gameplay.

I had a match of Amped where I got top kills and spent most of the time in my Titan. I had to pinch myself that it wasn't all a dream...

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714
Just now, DukeSavesLives said:

I had a match of Amped where I got top kills and spent most of the time in my Titan. I had to pinch myself that it wasn't all a dream...

It was a dream. When you pinched yourself, Ubo was pinching you in real life.

• Like 1