DukeDesu

Season 2

13 posts in this topic

Season 2 sucks donkey balls.

Discuss.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, romanodog said:

1 for 4 here, boo

did you get your rank? where did you place?

no i haven't played since last night, i should do the rest soon.

The loss amount seems a lot more variable towards personal performance this time. I noticed when I was getting golds as healer, I'd lose less than if I was getting silvers (damn you lucio and your auto-heal-everyone).

Yeah, the Win/Loss points felt like they made more sense.

I haven't played enough S2 to get a proper feel for it. I enjoyed what I played yesterday (all placement matches).

It seems better than Season 1 to me, with the sole exception that if a teammate leaves your team, you still lose full points for losing, which doesn't seem fair. 

I've been averaging about 30-50 per loss, and probably 20-40 per win, which still seems a bit off, but it could just be the odds calculations for the various teams. So far a very random selection of teammates including many "I have to play Hanzo" types, has led me to a net loss of over 150 points from my original rank (2191 in Gold).

Happy to play with any of you guys if I'm on. Solo Queue is tiresome. I focus on tanks and healing so usually helpful balancing out the Hanzo's.

1 person likes this

I am a have to play Mercy type.

at least that is useful!

I love to play Zarya, but I do healing a lot in solo because for some reason other people don't like to do it.

4 minutes ago, Shoukori said:

at least that is useful!

I love to play Zarya, but I do healing a lot in solo because for some reason other people don't like to do it.

the rumor circulated around is that only damage roles get the highest ranks, which is actually false (rank 1 in the world player was a lucio main). It persists, though.

I think it is probably *easier* to climb the ranks if you are strong DPS but really it comes down to winning which takes teamwork. 

I think you're right though, everyone is trying to be a hero and carry their team to victory on the backs of their gazillion gold medals from that one amazing Hanzo ult...

Looks like they've ended matches now when any person leaves the game. Without it effecting your score.

Finally.

One hopes the people leaving get screwed.

10 minute ban on queing for competitive, can still que in quick play. Rating loss equivalent to taking a loss.