romanodog

Red Dead Redemption 2

21 posts in this topic

It's going to be a Red Dead Redemption MMO with heavy grind and RNG elements and microtransactions.

3 people like this

It'll have parkour and story cards that can't be accessed in-game.

3 people like this

Also, play one day early for an extra $50, season pass for $60, optional special edition elite controller for $400, and the game will literally fuck you in the ass for $100 when you preorder now.

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

Also, play one day early for an extra $50, season pass for $60, optional special edition elite controller for $400, and the game will literally fuck you in the ass for $100 when you preorder now.

Pfft. If all you're willing to part with is $100 for the pleasure of preordering, you don't deserve to choose how it abuses you further.

1 person likes this

Damn - so much snark in here!

I like it.

Really shouldn't be taking it out on Rockstar.  They've done pretty awesome stuff with GTA V online, most of what we're talking about doesn't yet apply to them. Just getting kind of frustrated with game developers and how common most of these elements are becoming.

5 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

It's going to be a Red Dead Redemption MMO with heavy grind and RNG elements and microtransactions.

1 minute ago, hybridhavoc said:

Really shouldn't be taking it out on Rockstar.  They've done pretty awesome stuff with GTA V online, most of what we're talking about doesn't yet apply to them. Just getting kind of frustrated with game developers and how common most of these elements are becoming.

GTAO is full of grind and LOTS of micro-transactions. You can buy all of your in game money LOL

1 minute ago, LilUbo said:

GTAO is full of grind and LOTS of micro-transactions. You can buy all of your in game money LOL

Oh it definitely has the grind and micro-transactions - I'm not saying that they are innocent at all. But I've never had to buy any form of DLC and still have access to pretty much everything the Online portion has to offer.

40 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

Oh it definitely has the grind and micro-transactions - I'm not saying that they are innocent at all. But I've never had to buy any form of DLC and still have access to pretty much everything the Online portion has to offer.

Probably because it is funded using microtransactions. They introduce a ton of things to do, but the grind for cash is rough, unless you can pull off heists, etc. Or you can buy in game cash and buy the cars, guns, condos, etc lol

Just a different approach to dlc monetization. 

10 minutes ago, FineAgedTequila said:

06588567f5bf0b57bcd5389328d7d35c.jpg

who the fuck are you?!

also YYEESSSSSSS

Merged the RED DEAD 2 threads!

Gonna be awesome.

2 people like this

Long wait.....but it's going to be worth it!!!!

I liked the first minus the long tutorial on the farm portion.  I also feel like I missed out on any MP elements, Maybe I'll make a better attempt this time.  

17 hours ago, Primordial G00 said:

I liked the first minus the long tutorial on the farm portion.  I also feel like I missed out on any MP elements, Maybe I'll make a better attempt this time.  

I didn't really play much of the MP outside of the Freeroam co-op, or whatever it was called. 

2 people like this

I honestly still need to give Red Dead Redemption game a real chance. Got maybe 4 hours into it and just left it alone.