• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
metalsiren

Who's getting Titanfall 2?

studknckl    987
4 hours ago, metalsiren said:

Sure I miss the shield recharge but still having lots of fun with this game like the first one. The only issue I have is the LOBBY SUCKS !!!!! they should have kept the original from the first one. This is complete shit for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree about the lobby. What were they thinking?  But I am having a ton of fun with the game. The battery thing makes up for the shields and it helps you earn a titan. 

metalsiren    422
I agree about the lobby. What were they thinking?  But I am having a ton of fun with the game. The battery thing makes up for the shields and it helps you earn a titan. 

Yea I like killing the ass hat who took my battery and then get out and take it back. Free recharge

studknckl    987
21 minutes ago, metalsiren said:

Yea I like killing the ass hat who took my battery and then get out and take it back. Free recharge

I like coming up on a 1v1 titan battle where our guy is losing, I take the battery from the other guy and give it to my teammate to turn the tide and he wins. It is a good feeling. 

There is a lot of strategy in this game because of so many different titans. Knowing when to engage and when to nope the fuck out is important. And having a teammate deliver a battery can make a ton of difference. Also scavenging for batteries on the field can boost your titan significantly.  

metalsiren    422

It's getting good reviews. But they dropped the sales numbers. I don't know why they release the game at the same time of COD and BF1

studknckl    987
14 minutes ago, metalsiren said:

It's getting good reviews. But they dropped the sales numbers. I don't know why they release the game at the same time of COD and BF1

My guess is that EA thought they were going to do a one two punch and really put a dent into COD since interest in the COD games has diminished over the past couple of years. But I think having BF1 being so well received and TF2 getting so much shit during the beta just really caused folk to put off picking up TF2.  If they really wanted this to work they should have put out TF2 first so that it could get buzz then put out BF1. It would have had more of an impact of COD.  

But the sane course would have been to put out TF2 in the spring and it would have blown up the sales.  As it stands I believe it will be a sleeper hit that doesn't do great numbers but will keep a fairly solid community long term.

• Like 2

Deadmeat    268

So I called Saturday asking where my game was, and they told me it was sold out and they didn't know when it would ship, but when it came in they'd ship it next day.  So sad.  But last night, just as I was going to sleep, I got an email (I was excited) but it was not about my game shipping (sad again).  But then I read a little farther and they had included a code for digital (now I'm happy).  Don't know when I'll get my physical, but I do know that Titanfall 2 was loading on to my xbox as I left for work this morning, so I"ll see you guys on the frontier tonite. 

• Like 1

studknckl    987
2 hours ago, Deadmeat said:

So I called Saturday asking where my game was, and they told me it was sold out and they didn't know when it would ship, but when it came in they'd ship it next day.  So sad.  But last night, just as I was going to sleep, I got an email (I was excited) but it was not about my game shipping (sad again).  But then I read a little farther and they had included a code for digital (now I'm happy).  Don't know when I'll get my physical, but I do know that Titanfall 2 was loading on to my xbox as I left for work this morning, so I"ll see you guys on the frontier tonite. 

Did you order the one with the sweet ass helmet? I saw pics of that thing on reddit yesterday and it looks amazing. The fact that you can wear it is even better.

• Like 1

Duke大王    884
18 minutes ago, studknckl said:

Did you order the one with the sweet ass helmet? I saw pics of that thing on reddit yesterday and it looks amazing. The fact that you can wear it is even better.

Is it like one of those Daft Punk robot helmets? I didn't know there was a Titanfall 2 that came with a real helmet.

studknckl    987
10 minutes ago, DukeDesu said:

Is it like one of those Daft Punk robot helmets? I didn't know there was a Titanfall 2 that came with a real helmet.

It totally is. the thing lights up and looks freaking great.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5adl42/my_amazon_vanguard_edition_preorder_arrived/?

side by side with the master chief cat helmet:  https://imgur.com/a/cxIe9

• Like 1

Deadmeat    268
1 hour ago, studknckl said:

yes, yes i did (i'm so ashamed of myself).  lets hope it is amazing so this whole ordeal is worth it.  As a side note I just got an email 30 min ago saying I'll get everything on thurs

studknckl    987
10 minutes ago, Deadmeat said:

yes, yes i did (i'm so ashamed of myself).  lets hope it is amazing so this whole ordeal is worth it.  As a side note I just got an email 30 min ago saying I'll get everything on thurs

i am totally impressed by that helmet. don't be ashamed. it looks like they didn't make that many but if i ever see it on a fire sale for around $50 i would be tempted to grab it. i am a cheap bastard. 

• Like 1

Deadmeat    268
33 minutes ago, studknckl said:

i am totally impressed by that helmet. don't be ashamed. it looks like they didn't make that many but if i ever see it on a fire sale for around $50 i would be tempted to grab it. i am a cheap bastard. 

no, they made a shitload.  I just saw something somewhere, (probably on r/titanfall) that said they made enough for any amount sold.  so they should be around.  Cheap, well that is a different deal

ninjabjj    1286

I'm so on the fence what to pick up from the major Q4 releases:

1. Gears of War 4

2. Battlefield 1

3. Titanfall 2

4. Call of Duty (Nov 4 baby)

I know I don't have enough time for more than one of these including the NHL and Forza Horizons I just bought......Trying to figure out where most of tag will be...

studknckl    987
24 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

I'm so on the fence what to pick up from the major Q4 releases:

1. Gears of War 4

2. Battlefield 1

3. Titanfall 2

4. Call of Duty (Nov 4 baby)

I know I don't have enough time for more than one of these including the NHL and Forza Horizons I just bought......Trying to figure out where most of tag will be...

I will not be on COD and I sold my copy of Gears already. So TF2 and BF1 (eventually) plus Forza Horizons and Halo.

• Like 3

ninjabjj    1286

Thanks @studknckl it's good to know where some buddies are playing to make my decision.  I'm really enjoying Black Ops III (late bloomer) got the full digital deluxe on a HUGE sale like a 6 mo ago. So I got thinking about maybe going into the new COD....not too sure about mechs with titanfall for my cup of tea didn't really get into the first titanfall and I sometimes feel lost in battlefield......I'll have to think about it geesh....

studknckl    987
1 minute ago, laziestninja said:

Thanks @studknckl it's good to know where some buddies are playing to make my decision.  I'm really enjoying Black Ops III (late bloomer) got the full digital deluxe on a HUGE sale like a 6 mo ago. So I got thinking about maybe going into the new COD....not too sure about mechs with titanfall for my cup of tea didn't really get into the first titanfall and I sometimes feel lost in battlefield......I'll have to think about it geesh....

From what I hear about the new COD the multiplayer is pretty much lifted straight out of BLOPS3. So if you liked that you will probably like the new one.  TF2 feels a lot like the first but with some extra strategy layered on. If you weren't into the first one then you probably won't be into this. What I played of BF1 feels a lot like Battlefront but with more depth. From what you wrote it seems like COD is a good choice. I am sure there will be plenty of TAG folk playing. Also, there is a strong Gears crew if you want to go that route. Plus the Gears campaign is great.

• Like 1

Lobstah    1482
2 minutes ago, studknckl said:

From what I hear about the new COD the multiplayer is pretty much lifted straight out of BLOPS3. So if you liked that you will probably like the new one.  TF2 feels a lot like the first but with some extra strategy layered on. If you weren't into the first one then you probably won't be into this. What I played of BF1 feels a lot like Battlefront but with more depth. From what you wrote it seems like COD is a good choice. I am sure there will be plenty of TAG folk playing. Also, there is a strong Gears crew if you want to go that route. Plus the Gears campaign is great.

I loved Blops 3, even made it to master prestige but I played 2 rounds of the new beta and hated every second of it.

studknckl    987
3 hours ago, Deadmeat said:

no, they made a shitload.  I just saw something somewhere, (probably on r/titanfall) that said they made enough for any amount sold.  so they should be around.  Cheap, well that is a different deal

Oh man. Looks like they sell the helmet stand alone on Amazon. I can get it for $136 with the 20% prime discount. damn it looks so freaking cool.

• Like 1