bluesteelbjj

COD: IW - Tagger Reviews

50 posts in this topic

Ok die hard fans, you've had the game for at least 7 hours or so, What's your early assessment? What's the good, bad and ugly so far....

hell I don't do midnight shit anymore lol, mine is coming in the mail today. and used free money I had as I wanted the remastered version and I might even spend time on that one more. 

1 person likes this

I'm interested in the SP campaign, bring on the reviews!

2 people like this

31 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

I'm interested in the SP campaign, bring on the reviews!

does this follow black ops 2? if not where does it land in the COD universe time line?

Just now, Stevie Knuckles said:

does this follow black ops 2? if not where does it land in the COD universe time line?

Didn't BLOPS 3 follow up on 2 as that was a Treyarch game? IW looks to take place way in the future, maybe a continuation of the Infinity Ward COD universe?

10 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

Didn't BLOPS 3 follow up on 2 as that was a Treyarch game? IW looks to take place way in the future, maybe a continuation of the Infinity Ward COD universe?

wait blops 3?!?

fuuuccckkkkk im so behind.

1 person likes this

Yes this is Activisions turn and I believe they didn't listen to their fan base by going back into the WWII era and went futuristic again with a 'space' theme (I think). Seems like more peeps are excited for the COD4 remastered than the new game but yes I'll be curious to hear the reviews from our fellow taggers. 

3 hours ago, laziestninja said:

Yes this is Activisions turn and I believe they didn't listen to their fan base by going back into the WWII era and went futuristic again with a 'space' theme (I think). Seems like more peeps are excited for the COD4 remastered than the new game but yes I'll be curious to hear the reviews from our fellow taggers. 

Yeah great way to inflate sales making you have to buy IW and have the disc to play MWR...

1 person likes this

Mine is waiting in the mailbox. Game is futuristic again. Most of what I read is minor tweaks to the main game which is standard. New zombies mode which is supposedly a throwback to 80's style. The remastered version of COD4 is getting great reviews with the updating of details. Lots of positive feedback on how you can't jump and shoot!

1 person likes this

The SP campaign looks to be a mashup of Halo and TF in terms of aesthetics and gameplay, right in my wheelhouse. 

Only played the SP for a few minutes, it's COD if you have played one before it's more of the same but in space. Graphics are top notch! Now played MP for about 2hrs, I hated the beta but once I was able to play on hardcore (my preferred mode) I kinda liked it. It controls very similar to Blops3, not quite as good but very close. the player models are boring, the guns are boring but they work. The maps are VERY busy, to much so for me, the menus are also busy and confusing. I only played HCTDM so far but I think in two hours I only played like 3 or 4 maps, i'm not even sure how many there are. Overall I like it much better than the beta, not as much as Blops3 though. If your a huge CoD fan you will probably like it. I'd give it a 7/10 where as I would give BF1 a 9/10.

1 person likes this

Great reviews guys and very informative. Gotta love TAG for the goods on real reviews. 

I feel like the IW graphics are subpar and inferior to last year's BO3 and not even worthy of comparison to the excellent graphics in SWBF and BF1.  The campaign early on is a lot of cutscene without much action and the action is not very interesting.  Advancing down narrow city streets, picking up 'nades from boxes along the way, calling in airstrikes that basically kill all the enemies for you...meh.  The only interesting part of the campaign so far is actually flying a ship in space during a battle.  Now THAT was new and fun but unfortunately didn't last very long.  It's not bad, but it's not memorable either.  Quite average.

The Modern Warfare remaster campaign was very fun and interesting and looked good too, but the online multiplayer, while looking "modern", plays like an old game.  I lost count of the number of times my soldier got stuck on trash littering the ground or an inch high threshold of a doorway.

The gun play, audio and visual effects in Titanfall and BF1 completely out class the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered.

2 people like this

The older "IW" engine games were notorious for the player getting stuck on trash, thresholds, doorways and the like...

Yea don't have that... I want to play this all the time. Have a been there don't that kind of deal. BF1 and TF2 are way better than this POS. Find myself playing remastered more than the IW. Lots is space maps.... tons of wall running etc just sick of it. Personally I think the parkour is way better in TF2 than this POS

Trying to play this game because used some free money etc for it.... but already getting bored and prob go back to BF and TF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason why you might see a difference in engines is because there are two different sets of Call of Duty engines, both based on id tech 3 (which is 16 years old btw). Warfare engines use the Infinite Ward (or IW) engine - IW is in its 7th iteration (IW7) and was last heavily updated for Modern Warfare 3 and last used in Ghosts. 

Their Black Ops games, meanwhile, have their own engine starting with Black Ops 2. It is a fork off of the IW3 engine and was last heavily updated for Black Ops 3, so it is technically a newer variation of their engine. 

It's too bad I was really looking forward to a new and improved COD. I knew I was getting TF2 but was hoping to supplement with COD. I guess I'll have to consider BF1 which does look impressive. 

I suppose for a COD fix I did purchase Black Ops 3 and can continue playing that. I understand there will be a large fan base staying with that until the next Black Ops release. I also bought the full version on a huge sale with all the maps etc. 

Based on active player counts, IW is already dead:

codFAIL.jpg

I have to confess, I'm more interested in the 13k people playing Farming Simulator 17. Also, currently at 15k on Steam (whereas Blops 3 is at 8k). Also, why does anyone care about the amount of people playing a console shooter on a PC? The only FPS shooters that have ever had "high" numbers on Steam are Valve's own shooters - CSGO and TF2. 

1 person likes this

Hey Farming Simulator is actually quite fun.

1 hour ago, Lobstah said:

Hey Farming Simulator is actually quite fun.

Sad but true, I've watched my fair share of Farming Simulator on Twitch...

1 person likes this

Beat the new campaign this weekend. Not that great. I did enjoy it more than last years version, but I really just found myself playing it for the satisfaction of beating it, not that I couldn't put it down. Haven't tried the MP yet for the new game. Went to MW remastered to try the MP and I forgot how small the maps are! Pretty fun to play though and I enjoy playing it without the wall running and jet packs. I think I will be putting way more hours into BF1 this winter...

1 person likes this

I really wish COD would get rid of wall running and jet packs and go back to that consistency in the game we all loved back then. 

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

I really wish COD would get rid of wall running and jet packs and go back to that consistency in the game we all loved back then. 

That is why I haven't bought a COD game in years. If I wanted to play Halo I'd buy that.

3 people like this