• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
ninjabjj

COD: IW - Tagger Reviews

SithWarrior    1831
56 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

I really wish COD would get rid of wall running and jet packs and go back to that consistency in the game we all loved back then. 

or you know people get titanfall and do the exact same thing but treat them as different games 

• Like 2

Duke大王    884

The thing I don't get about the argument that COD should remain in a certain time period is that almost universally people who say this are talking about the Modern Warfare time period - which was actually not how COD started. For me to say that, I would be asking that we go back to WW2 as that is the COD I started with and am familiar with. Hell, Infinity Ward was founded by many of the project leads that developed Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which back in the day meant COD was the spiritual successor to MOHAA. 

So, if we're talking about going back to what the game was, is that "modern warfare" or WW2? When will people be satisfied? My complaints with the franchise have nothing to do with the setting and everything to do with it being the Madden of FPS shooters (and all that entails). 

• Like 3

LilUbo    4496
11 minutes ago, DukeDesu said:

The thing I don't get about the argument that COD should remain in a certain time period is that almost universally people who say this are talking about the Modern Warfare time period - which was actually not how COD started. For me to say that, I would be asking that we go back to WW2 as that is the COD I started with and am familiar with. Hell, Infinity Ward was founded by many of the project leads that developed Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which back in the day meant COD was the spiritual successor to MOHAA. 

So, if we're talking about going back to what the game was, is that "modern warfare" or WW2? When will people be satisfied? My complaints with the franchise have nothing to do with the setting and everything to do with it being the Madden of FPS shooters (and all that entails). 

I loved that MW Campaign. That was the high point of CoD single player campaigns.

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, no1hustler said:

That is why I haven't bought a COD game in years. If I wanted to play Halo I'd buy that.

That and Titanfall...

• Like 1

Duke大王    884

I enjoyed Modern Warfare as well, but going back to that isn't going back to its' roots. In any event, whatever COD 2017 will be, it'll be "hyper realistic" and DLC:

“It will give our content creators more focus on DLC and micro-DLC which … have become large and high-margin opportunities and significant engagement drivers. [...]"

http://wccftech.com/sledgehammer-heating-call-duty-2017-focus-hyper-realism-60-fps/

Cha-ching!

Lobstah    1482

I am still yearning for a good Vietnam game, I mean blops2 was "kinda" that time period but not really and the Vietnam expansion for BFBC2 was great and all but only a three map dlc. I want a full fledged campaign and multi-player Vietnam game, weather it's BF or CoD or better yet both.

Duke大王    884
2 minutes ago, Lobstah said:

I am still yearning for a good Vietnam game, I mean blops2 was "kinda" that time period but not really and the Vietnam expansion for BFBC2 was great and all but only a three map dlc. I want a full fledged campaign and multi-player Vietnam game, weather it's BF or CoD or better yet both.

That'd be interesting to have and we certainly haven't visited that period very much, but given how controversial of a war it was and the fact Vietnam sold the worst of all Battlefield games (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield) it might not happen (the other attempts from other developers, like Vietcong series, fared even worse). If BF1 has mad sales I think we can look forward to more variety in military shooters though combined with the failed sales of Infinite Warfare (50% less than Blops 3). 

It's sort of the same thing with space shooters: publishers haven't done any for years because sales are much less than other games/settings/environments (and games like No Man's Sky, Elite, and Star Citizen are not helping that cause).

Vote with your wallets and hope for the best!

• Like 2

BDaddyK    1106

I am hoping for a return to WW2 for COD, hopefully a Treyarch produced one, even a WW1 variant would be tits IMO. I'm kinda burnt on the Modern setting and even more so with Future...

• Like 4

Duke大王    884
46 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

I am hoping for a return to WW2 for COD, hopefully a Treyarch produced one, even a WW1 variant would be tits IMO. I'm kinda burnt on the Modern setting and even more so with Future...

I would love a return to WW2 with all of the amazing graphics we've got available to us today. It'd be glorious. 

• Like 2

CaptNink    1345
3 minutes ago, SithWarrior said:

Or just play Battlefield 1 but I would wait for more maps to come out before getting it

BF1 gives you that WW2 "feel" with a WW1 "look"!

• Like 1

no1hustler    5194
8 hours ago, DukeDesu said:

I don't need it to stay during a certain period . I am just not interested in it as a future war game. I don't enjoy the. The fake tech is stupid in my opinion . To each their own though, right ? 

xcoaste    609

Played MP for the new game last night. Didn't care for it at all. While it was very smooth, I didn't like any of the map layouts or the overall look of the game. Going to play through the remastered campaign and then trade it in. BF1 will get my playing time this winter. I feel like the game makers really try to push the game style towards the competitive gaming market opposed to the casual gamer it used to be. BF1 just has a much looser feel this time around, and that is ok.

BDaddyK    1106
2 hours ago, DukeDesu said:

5nigh0j04hwx.jpg

I know, I know, I know, I know...but I had to post it!

I'm surprised that many PC players actually play it...

Duke大王    884
51 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

I'm surprised that many PC players actually play it...

I looked and the previous post was actually legit about the drop. 65,000 people played Blops 3 on PC at launch, so this is a dramatic drop. I can't find console numbers anywhere but it has been confirmed sales at launch were 50% less than Blops 3 so there is also a drop there, too. 

• Like 1

ninjabjj    1286
6 hours ago, DukeDesu said:

I looked and the previous post was actually legit about the drop. 65,000 people played Blops 3 on PC at launch, so this is a dramatic drop. I can't find console numbers anywhere but it has been confirmed sales at launch were 50% less than Blops 3 so there is also a drop there, too. 

Would be interesting to get a hold of console numbers too - I can't find them either. But ya from a sales perspective alone that's very telling. 

I want to pick up another shooter along with Titanfall for the winter. I was going to go with COD but now based on the numbers may be better off investing in BF1

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, laziestninja said:

Would be interesting to get a hold of console numbers too - I can't find them either. But ya from a sales perspective alone that's very telling. 

I want to pick up another shooter along with Titanfall for the winter. I was going to go with COD but now based on the numbers may be better off investing in BF1

There is this FPS called Halo 5, you might have heard of it, I think it's kinda popular round these  parts...

• Like 2

metalsiren    422
1 hour ago, xcoaste said:

I got $41.80 at Best Buy when I traded in. Best to do it before the price drop next week!

yep just did that so I got the best price before BF.... sad since I would have liked to keep the re-mastered game but its not worth keeping for only that.

• Like 1

ninjabjj    1286

That's too bad but I'm glad you got a decent credit for it. I'm sure glad I didn't pull the trigger this year.  I still have Black Ops 3 and play that when I want my COD fix. 

• Like 1