• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
BDaddyK

The PS4 Pro Thread...

BDaddyK    1106

A lot of the games have a 1080p "quality" mode that have all the bells and whistles turned on, it's not just 4K/upscaled 4k output though. 

Nitereaver    230
On 11/8/2016 at 6:20 PM, studknckl said:

Best Buy will have this TV and a ps4 pro bundled for $999 starting this sunday. I am thinking about jumping on this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range-black/4804403.p?skuId=4804403

I was going to jump on this deal this morning but after doing some research I see this panel is only 60hz. wouldn't that sucks for gaming?

SithWarrior    1831
9 hours ago, Nitereaver said:

I was going to jump on this deal this morning but after doing some research I see this panel is only 60hz. wouldn't that sucks for gaming?

if what your playing is at 60fps or lower having a TV(120hz, 144hz) would be moot point, what matters is responds time and input delay

Edited by SithWarrior
  • Like 1

Palamino    459
On 11/8/2016 at 7:24 PM, Palamino said:

Caveat, that Sony XBR700D only has an 8-bit panel so can't really fully represent an HDR image.  I bought a Samsung KU6300 back in July that also claimed HDR support, but I later learned it also only uses an 8-bit panel.  I have some buyer's remorse there.  The Sony XBR800D I think does have a 10-bit panel and would provide a better image, but of course, it does cost a little more.  I have seen the XBR700D in person, and it has a great looking picture, but wanted to warn you about the 8-bit panel limitation.

I was wrong, the XBR700D does have a 10-bit panel, but it does not support wide color gamut.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

I'm going to stick with my normal PS4 that plays all of the same games at the highest resolution my TV will do anyway, and enjoy watching this all unfold.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

• Like 2

QuiGonGinRummy    2666
11 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/14/13625920/ps4-pro-4k-tv-black-screen

the current "fix" for the HDR black screen 

"The issue appears to be related to HDCP, the digital copy protection that’s built into the HDMI connection between the PS4 Pro and the TV."

Good old DRM. Same thing that was breaking things with the original PS4 when it launched. 

stynger    65
On 11/9/2016 at 5:02 PM, BDaddyK said:

Yup, that's what I read too. Too bad the PS4 doesn't support external HD's. 

I think the PS4 has a PS4-to-PS4 transfer option too. I haven't tried but I'm pretty I sure saw the option when I backed up my PS4 before swapping the HDD.

Lobstah    1482

Does anyone know if I can just take my HDD out of my PS4 and put it in a Pro? I have done PS4 to PS4 before but just curious if I could do this, I have a 2tb drive in my PS4 and don't want to re-download everything.

BDaddyK    1106
3 hours ago, Lobstah said:

Does anyone know if I can just take my HDD out of my PS4 and put it in a Pro? I have done PS4 to PS4 before but just curious if I could do this, I have a 2tb drive in my PS4 and don't want to re-download everything.

Unfortunately you can't, each HD is encrypted to its console. 

QuiGonGinRummy    2666
4 hours ago, MaynardJames82 said:

7dbd5cd6-d0e3-48e3-81bb-4738f82bdde0.jpg haven't seen any monitors that support HDR, this one claims to support 1 billion colors. 

I wonder what the actual tech specs are for that claim. It could be HDR, but it could also just be 30-bit color depth. 

Palamino    459
On 11/15/2016 at 9:45 AM, stynger said:

I think the PS4 has a PS4-to-PS4 transfer option too. I haven't tried but I'm pretty I sure saw the option when I backed up my PS4 before swapping the HDD.

Yes, you can transfer via ethernet from your old PS4 to your new PS4 Pro.  I had to do this even though I backed up my PS4's 2TB hard drive to a usb hard drive.  I decided to install a 960gb SSD drive in my new PS4 Pro, and when I attempted to restore the backup, it failed claiming there was not sufficient space on the target hard drive...why they don't offer selective restore I don't know, but the backup facility is essentially useless.  Ironically, the PS4-to-PS4 transfer process DOES let you selectively choose what gets transferred to the new system.

FYI, the PS4 Pro with SSD drive loads into BF1 matches so fast, it looks like I'm in an empty server and I can spawn into any vehicle I want before other players start popping into the server. :-)

• Like 1

Lobstah    1482
20 minutes ago, Palamino said:

Yes, you can transfer via ethernet from your old PS4 to your new PS4 Pro.  I had to do this even though I backed up my PS4's 2TB hard drive to a usb hard drive.  I decided to install a 960gb SSD drive in my new PS4 Pro, and when I attempted to restore the backup, it failed claiming there was not sufficient space on the target hard drive...why they don't offer selective restore I don't know, but the backup facility is essentially useless.  Ironically, the PS4-to-PS4 transfer process DOES let you selectively choose what gets transferred to the new system.

FYI, the PS4 Pro with SSD drive loads into BF1 matches so fast, it looks like I'm in an empty server and I can spawn into any vehicle I want before other players start popping into the server. :-)

So I'm confused, you can change out the Pro HDD?

BDaddyK    1106
23 minutes ago, Palamino said:

Yup they're fast as heck. A couple of friends have SSD drives, when we play the Division they're already a good 15-20 secs ahead of me when I finally load into Underground missions. 

BDaddyK    1106
6 minutes ago, Lobstah said:

I wouldn't see why not, it's essentially the same as a PS4 vanilla...

Palamino    459
4 hours ago, Lobstah said:

Yes, the PS4 Pro hard drive is removable.  It's actually easier to remove that the one on the original PS4.  On the Pro, the hard drive bay is accessed from the back of the console instead of the front as on the original PS4.  There is a small black plastic cover that is held in place by friction that you remove by gently pulling on the end of the cover.  It's easiest if you flip the PS4 Pro upside down, then you will see a single phillips head screw that secures the drive tray in the console, remove the screw.  Pull the drive tray out the back of the console, remove the 4 phillips head screws that secure the hard drive in the tray, then replace with a hard drive or ssd drive of your choice, but the drive must still be 9.5mm or less in height.

After a fresh install of the system software on the new 960gb ssd drive, I had 825gb of storage available for use :(

FreshInstallOn960gbSSD.jpg

• Like 2

I've bought new curved Samsung 4k hdr tv just for my Xbox one S and PS4 pro. I mostly play Xbox and would say out of the two I have seen the biggest difference on Xbox. Forza horizon 3 and gears 4 look absolutely awesome. I played uncharted 4 on the pro and it does look great too.

Seems like I have too hard reset my Xbox daily:( I do love the PlayStation menu's and am going to start playing slot more on it. Bought Astro a50's for both so no excuses not to play. It's been an expensive couple months!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've bought new curved Samsung 4k hdr tv just for my Xbox one S and PS4 pro. I mostly play Xbox and would say out of the two I have seen the biggest difference on Xbox. Forza horizon 3 and gears 4 look absolutely awesome. I played uncharted 4 on the pro and it does look great too.

Seems like I have too hard reset my Xbox daily:( I do love the PlayStation menu's and am going to start playing slot more on it. Bought Astro a50's for both so no excuses not to play. It's been an expensive couple months!!

What are TAG members playing on PlayStation?? Anything but Destiny I can handle. I play both BF1 and Overwatch on Xbox and there fun. Overwatch is on sale. I'm loving titanfall2 although im disappointed there is no HDR or 4k support.

TreymaanX    28

My current dilemma with the Pro I bought last week is that it doesn't recognize my 4K computer monitor as being 4K. Furthermore, my monitor is not compatible with HDMI 2.0, and there is no adapter to convert HDMI 2.0 down to DisplayPort 1.2 (which the Pro doesn't support). So, I'm stuck playing it in 1080 on a 4K monitor. It is making me sick.

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, TreymaanX said:

My current dilemma with the Pro I bought last week is that it doesn't recognize my 4K computer monitor as being 4K. Furthermore, my monitor is not compatible with HDMI 2.0, and there is no adapter to convert HDMI 2.0 down to DisplayPort 1.2 (which the Pro doesn't support). So, I'm stuck playing it in 1080 on a 4K monitor. It is making me sick.

What about HDMI 1.4, your monitor support at least that? 1.4 supports 4K at 30hz at least...