Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
BDaddyK

The PS4 Pro Thread...

It does support that, but the PRO doesn't give me the option to output in 4K. It's grayed out, presumably because it doesn't recognize the monitor as something that can handle 4K

24 minutes ago, TreymaanX said:

It does support that, but the PRO doesn't give me the option to output in 4K. It's grayed out, presumably because it doesn't recognize the monitor as something that can handle 4K

Have tried the safe mode boot trick, that lets you disable HDMI 2.0 output and enable 1.4 output? There is a link to it on the first or second page of the thread, that might help

On 11/20/2016 at 4:45 PM, Locowhodat430 said:

I'm loving titanfall2 although im disappointed there is no HDR or 4k support.

Titanfall2 has 4K support on the PS4 Pro.  It is running at 1440p then upscaling to 2160p.  It looks and plays smooth as butta...

I am playing BF1, Titanfall2, COD:MW.  I have Overwatch, but haven't play it much.  Single player games I play with Pro support are Fallout 4, Ratchet & Clank and Rise of the Tomb Raider.  I have Uncharted 4 too, but haven't played it yet.

Here is a screen capture of Ratchet & Clank running on my PS4 Pro.  It's purty!

IMG_0647.JPG

• Like 1

Titanfall2 has 4K support on the PS4 Pro.  It is running at 1440p then upscaling to 2160p.  It looks and plays smooth as butta...

Yes it is smooth. I guess I'm disappointed that more games are not in HDR. Seems like that has been the biggest difference maker on Xbox one s for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Locowhodat430 said:

Yes it is smooth. I guess I'm disappointed that more games are not in HDR. Seems like that has been the biggest difference maker on Xbox one s for me.

Yes, they are in HDR.  When I play Ratchet & Clank, my TV pops up a notification that an HDR video is playing...

Yes, they are in HDR.  When I play Ratchet & Clank, my TV pops up a notification that an HDR video is playing...

Ratchet and clank and uncharted 4 are the only 2 I've plated that my tv tells me a HDR video is running. I thought infinite and remastered were but no notification? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or. Need to toggle a mode switch in game?

Is BF1 HDR and 4K?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Locowhodat430 said:

Ratchet and clank and uncharted 4 are the only 2 I've plated that my tv tells me a HDR video is running. I thought infinite and remastered were but no notification? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or. Need to toggle a mode switch in game?

Is BF1 HDR and 4K?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what specific features are supported by which games, but you could experiment by starting BF1 and then toggling the HDR feature on your TV to see if it makes a difference in the picture.  On my Samsung TV, it's in the Picture -> Expert settings called HDMI UHD Color.  It is off by default.  Also, on my TV, the HDR is only available on HDMI 1 and must be configured as input name PC to enable 4K @ 60Hz with 4:4:4 color subsampling.

I don't know what specific features are supported by which games, but you could experiment by starting BF1 and then toggling the HDR feature on your TV to see if it makes a difference in the picture.  On my Samsung TV, it's in the Picture -> Expert settings called HDMI UHD Color.  It is off by default.  Also, on my TV, the HDR is only available on HDMI 1 and must be configured as input name PC to enable 4K @ 60Hz with 4:4:4 color subsampling.

I've played it in Xbox and it's not hdr but I thought ps pro was getting it. I finally fined tuned my tv as you have said here and when it is hdr there is a huge upgrade. Ratchet looks like a Pixar movie!!

9 minutes ago, Locowhodat430 said:

I've played it in Xbox and it's not hdr but I thought ps pro was getting it. I finally fined tuned my tv as you have said here and when it is hdr there is a huge upgrade. Ratchet looks like a Pixar movie!!

Battlefield 1 will add support for high dynamic range (HDR) on Xbox One S through a patch. I don't know if it has been patched yet on Xbox One.

2 hours ago, SithWarrior said:

The Vizio D50u-D1 he was using does not support HDR10 specification and is limited to 4k @ 60Hz is limited to 4:2:0 while HDR10 signal is 4:4:4 color subsampling.  When routing the HDMI signal thru the PSVR, the HDR10 signal is lost, because the PSVR can only output 4:2:0 color subsampling.  That is why his TV started working when he ran the signal thru the PSVR.  Obviously as an industry, all these companies need to get their shit together so that everything handshakes correctly, but until then, consumers need to know the capabilities of their equipment.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/d-series-4k-2016

17 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Pretty disappointing...

Yes, it is disappointing.  It is a lot faster than stock hard drive, but not equivalent to the speed increase seen on PCs when upgraded with SSDs.

59 minutes ago, Palamino said:

Yes, it is disappointing.  It is a lot faster than stock hard drive, but not equivalent to the speed increase seen on PCs when upgraded with SSDs.

SSD's on the XB1 are a huge improvement over the stock drive too. 

I love my Pro...  All my games look fantastic.  I didn't know about the boost mode...  I'm going to enable it and try it out with my non-pro enabled games.

19 minutes ago, OoohBarracuda said:

I love my Pro...  All my games look fantastic.  I didn't know about the boost mode...  I'm going to enable it and try it out with my non-pro enabled games.

It is part of the upcoming firmware update (at least I don't think it is live to all users yet). Lots of folk have been beta testing it for the past week and are seeing favorable results. 

Boost mode looks great from the DF vid impressions. Bout time that the PS4 got external HD support too. 

5 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

Boost mode looks great from the DF vid impressions. Bout time that the PS4 got external HD support too. 

oh hells yeah. i am so going to put an SSD on it if there isn't a bottleneck blocking its full potential.

1 hour ago, studknckl said:

oh hells yeah. i am so going to put an SSD on it if there isn't a bottleneck blocking its full potential.

Shouldn't be like the internal, the external will be 3.0 bus.