Chuckles

Why da fuck...

20 posts in this topic

...am I staring at a 91 gb update for HALO 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!! is that on top of the console update.  I think everyone has halo tourney matches to finish tonite also.   oh this could be a long evening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went and checked my xbox feed on the pc,.  Have a note saying it's to put something in to gather data, no content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

...am I staring at a 91 gb update for HALO 5?

Almost sounds like the Xbox randomly deleted your entire Halo 5 directory and wants to redownload it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chuckles said:

WP_20161110_17_25_46_Pro (2).jpg

Okay this happened to me with The Division last week. I had fully installed it and even played on it a few days prior with no incident. Then I launch it up and it wants to redownload the entire thing. I think that might be happening to you? I don't know. I only have 219mb to download like Havoc. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DukeDesu said:

Okay this happened to me with The Division last week. I had fully installed it and even played on it a few days prior with no incident. Then I launch it up and it wants to redownload the entire thing. I think that might be happening to you? I don't know. I only have 219mb to download like Havoc. :(

What fun!

I'll look to see if there's a workaround.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god I turn my Xbox on purely from muscle memory when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can read so far on the net it might have to do with instant on and corrupting game files. On the PC, with Steam or another one of the game file managers, there would be times where they would have to "re-verify" the whole game which basically meant it was going to re-download it all because something got corrupted. Again though this is just a guess and I could be very wrong. Other posts I have read say it might have something to do with data transfers and external hard drives but I don't use those. I do have instant on turned on though.

I have not found a fix though for if your Xbox decides it wants to redownload a game to stop it from doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DukeDesu said:

From what I can read so far on the net it might have to do with instant on and corrupting game files. On the PC, with Steam or another one of the game file managers, there would be times where they would have to "re-verify" the whole game which basically meant it was going to re-download it all because something got corrupted. Again though this is just a guess and I could be very wrong. Other posts I have read say it might have something to do with data transfers and external hard drives but I don't use those. I do have instant on turned on though.

I have not found a fix though for if your Xbox decides it wants to redownload a game to stop it from doing that.

Yeah, I found the same. I love this machine more than pizza but it's being a dick twizzler right now.

Purchased Dishonored 2 to console myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should be able to install it next week.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gonna write that I was at 54% but just then the damned thing went backwards to 52%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

ce23063ad049cd93eed751657e0e4ab2.jpg

This is what I see.

That's what I had too. However, I don't know what was up with the Hako servers last night, it took me bout 40 mins to dl and install 300 megs?!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BDaddyK said:

That's what I had too. However, I don't know what was up with the Hako servers last night, it took me bout 40 mins to dl and install 300 megs?!

That's a bit crazy. No issues for me, pulled it down in about a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's what I had too. However, I don't know what was up with the Hako servers last night, it took me bout 40 mins to dl and install 300 megs?!

Dah -faq??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

That's what I had too. However, I don't know what was up with the Hako servers last night, it took me bout 40 mins to dl and install 300 megs?!

My dl was down to a 2-5 mbs for HALO. 60-150 mbs for everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

My dl was down to a 2-5 mbs for HALO. 60-150 mbs for everything else.

That was right about where mine was, though the last 25 megs or so it shot back up to over 100mbs to where my dl' normally are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now