• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

ninjabjj    1286

I haven't purchased a Nintendo since the wii and it had very limited use. I too want to get excited and the 'takenit on the go' innovation seems cool. I'm all about online and I feel Nintendo really sucks in that arena and fell so far behind it's like 1988. In terms of games, I feel there isn't enough known or hype built up to date.  I find console price is fine, but need to wait and see for more info. 

• Like 1

no1hustler    5194
4 hours ago, xcoaste said:

$300 at launch with no Mario is the deathblow. Dammit Nintendo, why don't they have a grasp on peoples' desires. 

My suggestion if I worked for them: Release the system with Mario for $250.00. This gets the consoles in homes right away and then they have a bigger group of people to buy all the other software titles they release. I get that at $250.00 they may have very slim profit margin, but you get the console into peoples hands, with a good game, and then make your money on selling more games. Instead, people are taken back by the price and lack of release titles (hello Wii U), sure some will buy it, but not the amount of people needed to sell a ton of games like a PS4, or XB1.

I was all prepared to preorder, but as of today I am not. Going to need a price drop and or wait for Mario.

More potential money now versus more potential money down the road. Most board of directors are going to want to see the profits early on. Unfortantely, it will leave a lot of people just on the outside thinking its too much. 

I also can't believe there is no Mario at launch!

• Like 1

BDaddyK    1106
4 hours ago, thebigjay19 said:

What is wrong with the switch price point? Brand new console launches at $300 and we're complaining, why? Both of the competing (saying that loosely ) launched at much higher prices. And as for the pehapsal prices, again, they are completely new and different. We pay $40-$50 for rehashed controller that does nothing new. I don't understand the hate for something that is going to bring joy to people, on the go I might add. I'm excited. Wish more were.

For me the pricing problem is the lack of available software at launch (third party support has been a big problem for Nintendo for a while now) and what's to come in the Switch's future.  The price point is of a home console, especially the peripherals, competing against the other current home consoles will most likely yield low quality ports, if they even end up making it to the Switch. Or, bigger third parties such as EA might just end up porting/enhancing mobile versions of their franchises over to the Switch (might it be easier that way considering its Tegra based?) I wouldn't go so far as to say the Pro controller and Wii style motion controls are completely new, hopefully the Switch doesn't turn into another shovelware wasteland like the Wii. Aside from the undoubtedly great first party titles that we'll see, and the unit's portability, there isn't much for paying more than a XB1/PS4 experience. 

Cbaoth    657
1 hour ago, laziestninja said:

I haven't purchased a Nintendo since the wii and it had very limited use. I too want to get excited and the 'takenit on the go' innovation seems cool. I'm all about online and I feel Nintendo really sucks in that arena and fell so far behind it's like 1988. In terms of games, I feel there isn't enough known or hype built up to date.  I find console price is fine, but need to wait and see for more info. 

This, the Wii/Revolution was at least backwards compatible, but even that wore thin after awhile.   

thebigjay19    198

I'm not oblivious to Nintendo's problems. They have great software but little third party support, cool and innovative hardware but they lack processing power, fun online/co-op ideas but don't have common online features that are expected in today's market. That said, I don't think Nintendo is competing directly with Sony or Microsoft, and therefore not for us either. I think they see an opening in the gaming market that is a crossover or transition to the other gaming platforms. I'm good with having options, even if they are quirky or not exactly what I want. Nintendo is also doing a paid monthly online service that will finally be fully featured with lobbies and chat. It's not a purchase at launch for me, just trying to be positive, even with its problems.

And Breath of Wild looks absolutely astounding! I don't need Mario when they launch with Link.

BDaddyK    1106
33 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

I'm not oblivious to Nintendo's problems. They have great software but little third party support, cool and innovative hardware but they lack processing power, fun online/co-op ideas but don't have common online features that are expected in today's market. That said, I don't think Nintendo is competing directly with Sony or Microsoft, and therefore not for us either. I think they see an opening in the gaming market that is a crossover or transition to the other gaming platforms. I'm good with having options, even if they are quirky or not exactly what I want. Nintendo is also doing a paid monthly online service that will finally be fully featured with lobbies and chat. It's not a purchase at launch for me, just trying to be positive, even with its problems.

And Breath of Wild looks absolutely astounding! I don't need Mario when they launch with Link.

Their paid online service sounds half baked at best, you need another smart device (phone/tablet/etc...) for chat, WTF Nintendo?! "Free" retro games that are only playable the month they're featured, even MS' sub par free GwG are better than that. 

Primordial G00    1130

I wish I had @thebigjay19's positivity. If the console lasts long enough, I suppose I might make it my oldest daughter's first foray in to gaming.  One thing I've always appreciated about Nintendo is keeping so many great titles family friendly.

Cbaoth    657
2 hours ago, Primordial G00 said:

I wish I had @thebigjay19's positivity. If the console lasts long enough, I suppose I might make it my oldest daughter's first foray in to gaming.  One thing I've always appreciated about Nintendo is keeping so many great titles family friendly.

I've never had an issue with Nintendo quality, my SNES still works after all these years (knock on wood).  

Chuckles    920
6 hours ago, thebigjay19 said:

kkI think they see an opening in the gaming market that is a crossover or transition to the other gaming platforms. I'm good with having options, even if they are quirky or not exactly what I want.

^^^ That.

Nintendo found that niche, through Wii, where they were selling units like crazy. Each of their systems (DS and Wii) were outselling both 360 and PS3.

They did that through being different and innovative. And, eventually, catering to the not-gamer market.

Nintendo, as so long before, is busy creating gamers.

The modular Switch doesn't impress hard-cores much (mostly the specs) but something like that will impress the hell out of moms and families that aren't already involved with the market.

Think of it...you don't need a TV for this game system!

Oddly, I haven't really seen marketing regarding that and other features. Meaning they've simply joined with the other two in seemingly losing their ever-lovin' minds in regards to marketing, advertising and presentations.

Chuckles    920
1 minute ago, Cbaoth said:

I've never had an issue with Nintendo quality, my SNES still works after all these years (knock on wood).  

My Genesis would still be working if my niece hadn't tried to cool it off with a refreshing glass of water...

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714
51 minutes ago, Nitereaver said:

SOoooooo...basically traded in the old Wii U for the new model =) I'm excited. I love new consoles...

This is a move that I can get behind.

• Like 1

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, Nitereaver said:

I am, lol. I stayed up to watch the Nintendo release thing, and then stayed up til the preorders dropped. Picked up a pre-order at best buy, but I ended up getting one today on the trade in promotion at Gamestop. Traded in the Wii U and all the games I had for it and ended up paying a little over 10 bucks (less than tax) and I got Zelda to go with it. The extra $75 trade toward the switch was a great deal, especially when they are paying 120 trade in already for the Wii u. Basically gave my 200 just for the Wii u, all the games pushed it up and over the retail of the system. SOoooooo...basically traded in the old Wii U for the new model =) I'm excited. I love new consoles...

Nice, that's what I'd do if I had a Wii U. Seems as the Wii U version of Zelda will be inferior to the Switch version, prolly a trend with all games going forward. 

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/88543/article/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-will-not-run-in-1080p/

Duke大王    884
2 hours ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

Begun, this round of the "some people love Nintendo, some hate them, and some are indifferent" war has.

yoda-episode-5.gif

859.gif 

• Like 2

ninjabjj    1286

Growing up as a Nintendo / Genesis kid, and like many here I want to LOVE Nintendo and have this in my house. They just make it so hard to love them and get behind them. They don't allow you tubers to review or discuss their products, they half ass or underestimate or don't think of a typical gamer for features by now they should be able to address like online gaming. Look at that last MARIO Maker. Great game but when they sold the game for 3DS you can't download or share games online making the game pretty useless. The quality and some of the first party games are and will continue to be great quality and fun. They have that market, but why it compete a little or at least bring in features for 2017 that become staple in the casual or hard core gaming space. 

• Like 3

dmadman72    279
On 2017-01-15 at 11:56 PM, House said:

On what planet was the SNES mediocre or the N64 a flop? I agree that everything past the N64 was a steaming pile of shit and this new console looks to be more of the same but c'mon bro. Just say you were a Sega kid and move along but don't slip these opinions in as if they're facts. 

25bacf7feb442f3fb5dcabae7a06f4c4.gif

OK you got me, I was a Sega kid, But I stand behind my comments.

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714
5 hours ago, dmadman72 said:

OK you got me, I was a Sega kid, But I stand behind my comments.

While I'll admit that the Sega Genesis was cooler than the SNES, I wouldn't call either of them mediocre for the time. And on the subject of the N64 being a flop... It outsold the Xbox, the Gamecube, Xbox One, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, and the Sega Genesis.  While it's not one of the top 10 best selling consoles ever, the only other console of its generation that wasn't a flop was the Playstation. Every other console sold between 1991 and 1999 pushed fewer than 10 million units.  I'm not sure how you could reasonably call that a flop.

hybridhavoc    714
17 minutes ago, romanodog said:

The Saturn and Dreamcast... now those were flops

As beloved as the Dreamcast was / is, it definitely was a flop.

• Like 1

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, hybridhavoc said:

As beloved as the Dreamcast was / is, it definitely was a flop.

Totally. I loved the Dreamcast, so many good games. 

• Like 1

ninjabjj    1286

I never had the dream cast. 'Y brother-in-laws had it growing up and still have it at the farm. I've played it and feel like I did miss out back then. ;)