• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

dmadman72    279
3 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

While I'll admit that the Sega Genesis was cooler than the SNES, I wouldn't call either of them mediocre for the time. And on the subject of the N64 being a flop... It outsold the Xbox, the Gamecube, Xbox One, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, and the Sega Genesis.  While it's not one of the top 10 best selling consoles ever, the only other console of its generation that wasn't a flop was the Playstation. Every other console sold between 1991 and 1999 pushed fewer than 10 million units.  I'm not sure how you could reasonably call that a flop.

Flop may not be the right word but they could have had greater success if they hadn't backed out on Sony. If they had followed through the gaming world would be very different today but they got cold feet. We both know what the console of choice was that generation. I have been wracking my brain trying to think of any stand out games on the N64 and short of Golden Eye and a WCW game I cant think of any.

Duke大王    884

GoldenEye alone made the N64 worth it (and Star Fox). I never owned one myself but whenever I'd go out on a musical tour there was bound to be some dude in the orchestra who brought his along, and we'd all have many a fun night in hotels playing GoldenEye and Star Fox until the crack of dawn, fueled exclusively by copious amounts of mountain dew. Then there was that one time another guy brought his Dreamcast and we watched Dead Poet's Society and fell asleep instead. 

ninjabjj    1286
1 hour ago, Hoptimus said:

This guy hits a lot of great points.

First of all, that guy is hilarious. But I agree he raises a lot of valid points to consider.  I like the hit on PS4 at the end lol. 

hybridhavoc    714
10 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

First of all, that guy is hilarious. But I agree he raises a lot of valid points to consider.  I like the hit on PS4 at the end lol. 

That dude's voice grates on my nerves.  That's the voice I read shitposts in.

• Like 3

hybridhavoc    714
6 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

Loved my Dreamcast!

I loved my Dreamcast right up until a third party controller completely fried all of the controller ports. Then I loved my PS2, which a cashier at Walmart unknowingly gave to my mother in an exchange.

• Like 3

BDaddyK    1106
4 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

I will admit @BDaddyK watching this new open world MARIO sure makes it hard not to pick up a switch. 

The real world section is the only part that I don't like, it's just off. Everything else in the preview looks awesome. 

• Like 2

hybridhavoc    714
1 minute ago, BDaddyK said:

The real world section is the only part that I don't like, it's just off. Everything else in the preview looks awesome. 

The Mario in the real world feels like the Super Mario Bros. movie all over again.

Cbaoth    657
2 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

This guy hits a lot of great points.

I had no idea the controller for this thing would be so small;  I, having piano-players hands to start with, that's a huge negative on this thing off the bat.  The second but just as important a caveat: games... or rather lack of.  I've heard off & on that at launch this thing will have a mere 5 or so games when it hits, with some 20 total by the end of this year.  That's fairly paltry when you consider the competition & the sheer amounts of games they had at their consoles launch.  

The price point is nice, but if it has no games or games that I already have via one of the things I already own, not to mention the other point I began with, begs the question: why the hell would I even want to bother with this?  

Hoptimus    1123

Yeah that is the same boat I am in @Cbaoth

I have huge hands and the only game that I want to play on this thing is Zelda.

BDaddyK    1106

No Borderlands 3 on the Switch...

...Take, for instance, Randy Pitchford's weekend tweets to a fan asking about new Borderlands games on the Switch. Pitchford, the head at Gearbox Software, replied that older titles in the series could come to the system, but a Switch version of Borderlands 3 is probably out of the question. He hinted that the issue was not the game, but Nintendo: "They had other priorities

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/nintendo-switchs-identity-crisis-could-echo-microsofts-kinect-disaster/

https://mobile.twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/820774822691176449

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1123

I am guessing that has to do with the ONLINE features and maybe the horsepower. I have a feeling BL3 is going to be a hybrid Loot and MMO thing like the Division or Destiny...

Even though i'll get the switch a week ahead of time (humblebrag - flame on :blink:), i probably wont use it much. 32 gb hd, no discernible improvement on the gui, and still underpowered.

Nitereaver    230
5 hours ago, Cbaoth said:

: games... or rather lack of.  I've heard off & on that at launch this thing will have a mere 5 or so games when it hits, with some 20 total by the end of this year.  That's fairly paltry when you consider the competition & the sheer amounts of games they had at their consoles launch.  

According to Wiki, the Wii U actually had one of the biggest launch set of games of almost all consoles. Wii U had 34, PS4 25 and XbO had 22. So more is not always better lol. Although Switch is probably the smallest set of all lol. They just need to keep the deveolopers that signed up and get some more. They got some big backers already but we will see...

1 hour ago, VespidCactus said:

Even though i'll get the switch a week ahead of time (humblebrag - flame on :blink:), i probably wont use it much. 32 gb hd, no discernible improvement on the gui, and still underpowered.

I was annoyed by the 32gb too, but then I thought about the fact its a tablet, not really room for a full fledged hard drive. Most tablets are around 64gb so I'm surprised they didn't at least include that, but allowing users to use any memory card (and they are pretty damn cheap now) is nice compared to some companies --cough--Sony--cough-- that force you to buy their proprietary memory cards and charge you out the ass for it. 

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714
12 hours ago, Nitereaver said:

According to Wiki, the Wii U actually had one of the biggest launch set of games of almost all consoles. Wii U had 34, PS4 25 and XbO had 22. So more is not always better lol. Although Switch is probably the smallest set of all lol. They just need to keep the deveolopers that signed up and get some more. They got some big backers already but we will see...

I was annoyed by the 32gb too, but then I thought about the fact its a tablet, not really room for a full fledged hard drive. Most tablets are around 64gb so I'm surprised they didn't at least include that, but allowing users to use any memory card (and they are pretty damn cheap now) is nice compared to some companies --cough--Sony--cough-- that force you to buy their proprietary memory cards and charge you out the ass for it. 

Yeah, I'm glad that they at least allow for the use of SD cards.  But while the cost of those have come down, they're still pretty damn expensive.  $200 for a 512GB SDXC on Amazon. There's a 256GB for $90 that I imagine will be the sweet spot in terms of what people are willing to pay.

LilUbo    4496
19 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

Yeah, I'm glad that they at least allow for the use of SD cards.  But while the cost of those have come down, they're still pretty damn expensive.  $200 for a 512GB SDXC on Amazon. There's a 256GB for $90 that I imagine will be the sweet spot in terms of what people are willing to pay.

Aren't the games 'cartridge based'? You would think that it would lower memory needs if you aren't installing the entire game....

hybridhavoc    714
1 minute ago, LilUbo said:

Aren't the games 'cartridge based'? You would think that it would lower memory needs if you aren't installing the entire game....

Have they given details on what those cartridges will actually be used for?  Will they consist of the entire game, and have no need to install the game to the system in the same way that the Xbox One and PS4 do?  Will Switch titles not have updates that will need to be downloaded?  Will there be room for your saved games?

And with their online service, the games that you get off of there - they will certainly need to be downloaded and stored locally. Will they be selling their modern games through an online store, or just the small NES / SNES games?

If I've learned anything with modern consoles, it's that whatever storage comes with the device is pretty much never enough.

BDaddyK    1106

I would think that with the rather low system specs and high transfer rates of solid state media you could play the Switch games from the cartridge and not have to install them. That would leave the generous 32GB internal storage for DLC/updates/etc...

• Like 2