• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

BDaddyK    1106

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-file-size-i/1100-6446937/

Get those SD cards ready folks...

Downloading The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch requires 13.4 GB of storage. Buying the next Zelda game digitally will take up over 40% of the console's 32 GB of internal storage. Its file size is slightly smaller on Wii U at 13 GB.

ninjabjj    1286
57 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

That's just so wrong. I agree consoles typically don't launch with enough memory, but that's plain stupid. It's almost like Nintendo took a shit on developers, and ultimately the customers. It "hearing them" prioritizing and building something people want to get behind. It pisses me off because they have the potential to be creative and competitive yet choose not to address and resolve major requirements. Also why the fuck don't they hire someone that can speak English at the launch and good at PR. That was a shit-feat. Just all around terrible. 

• Like 1

ninjabjj    1286

PS: this is very therapeutic dissing Nintendo lol. I need to start making lazy podcasts and rage on idiots in the gaming industry lol. 

• Like 2

hybridhavoc    714
12 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

PS: this is very therapeutic dissing Nintendo lol. I need to start making lazy podcasts and rage on idiots in the gaming industry lol. 

Slackaholid

LilUbo    4496
53 minutes ago, laziestninja said:

That's just so wrong. I agree consoles typically don't launch with enough memory, but that's plain stupid. It's almost like Nintendo took a shit on developers, and ultimately the customers. It "hearing them" prioritizing and building something people want to get behind. It pisses me off because they have the potential to be creative and competitive yet choose not to address and resolve major requirements. Also why the fuck don't they hire someone that can speak English at the launch and good at PR. That was a shit-feat. Just all around terrible. 

They are a Japanese company! It isn't their fault that your Japanese and understanding of the Japanese culture SUCKS! GAWD!

Nitereaver    230
2 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Yah, I think i will be sticking with the cartridges and not all digital with this system. I'm almost 100% digital on the PS4 and XBO (I own one physical game for each, and with swapping "home" systems with a close friends we have over 100 digital games on each). Nintendo Wii U, even though I had a 500gb hd on it, I never bought digital.  A few people at work were complaining they are going back to cartridges. I asked them if they realized its basically a memory card, and memory cards can hold more than a dual layer bluray. Also Nintendo already stated the cartridges reduce load time vs disc media. Games like Mario Kart and any fighting games that I plan on keeping long after beating I will probably buy digital on the switch. Games Like Zelda and Mario that I really want to play but are more of a one and done I will get on cartridge so I can trade them back in for new games. 

I think I should be good with a 256gb mem card for awhile. 

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714
1 hour ago, Nitereaver said:

I think I should be good with a 256gb mem card for awhile. 

There's that sweet spot!  Nintendo should sell some branded SDXCs.

BDaddyK    1106
2 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

There's that sweet spot!  Nintendo should sell some branded SDXCs.

Phuck no! Just look at their pricing on peripherals for the Switch...

• Like 1

Chuckles    920
1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

Phuck no! Just look at their pricing on peripherals for the Switch...

Be like Vita prices...shudder

Chuckles    920

Kinda confuggled why matchmaking wouldn't be handled by the game itself.

Having a phone app for voice, etc., is actually pretty damned smart but if matchmaking is only through the phone app...

romanodog    2383

Why is the phone app smart for voice?  Why not just handle it through the system all in once place?

• Like 1

BDaddyK    1106
42 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Kinda confuggled why matchmaking wouldn't be handled by the game itself.

Having a phone app for voice, etc., is actually pretty damned smart but if matchmaking is only through the phone app...

It's actually terrible. I sure as hell don't want to have to to use an additional device besides the Switch for what seems like every online aspect of the system. I don't know why they just don't enable the use of BT/wireless headsets. It's just  poor networking on Nintendo's part. To think that they're going to be charging for this too...

BDaddyK    1106
3 hours ago, romanodog said:

http://nintendotoday.com/switch-app-matchmaking/

Matchmaking & Lobbies are handled through a smartphone app.  Like, what?  Why?

From the linked article:

The smart phone app that we’re creating, that will be part of our online service, we believe is going to be a very compelling part of the overall proposition because that’s how you’ll voice chat, that’s how you’ll do your matchmaking, and create your lobby. We also think it’s a very elegant solution because if you’ve taken your switch on the go, you’ve put yourself in a hotspot, you’re looking at get a quick match of Mario Kart in, to whip out some sort of bulky, gamer headset is a bit of a challenge.

So we think we’ve got an elegant solution. That’s a very specific answer to your question.

What's so elegant about whipping out a second smart device (not that the Switch is sounding all that "smart" of a device) to do what the Switch should internally. Why can't you just connect to the hotspot through the Switch? Not to mention "bulky headsets". There are plenty of small and elegant headsets that aren't your phone...

• Like 1

romanodog    2383
4 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

From the linked article:

If you're on the go, now you need to use TWO devices to play online.  And you probably aren't lugging "bulky" headphones around.  What headset would you use that would be different on the phone rather than on the switch itself?

EDIT: I missed your input below the quote (It was included in the quote box)

BDaddyK    1106
2 minutes ago, romanodog said:

If you're on the go, now you need to use TWO devices to play online.  And you probably aren't lugging "bulky" headphones around.  What headset would you use that would be different on the phone rather than on the switch itself?

EDIT: I missed your input below the quote (It was included in the quote box)

Exactly, now you need two devices?! How is that elegant? Even those stupid little bluetooth in ear speaker/mics would be fine and are cheap enough. I had the MS brand one for the 360 and it worked great. 

Edit: Everytime I quote and I add my own text, my text ends up getting put in with what I quote. I don't know why, it's outta the quote tags so it shouldn't get thrown in with what I quote. 

hybridhavoc    714

Yeah, that 2.5 - 6.5 battery life looks worse when it turns out you're going to be draining your phone's battery at the same time.  Also surprised by their statement that the Switch is not going to have media features.  So the Switch is not meant to replace your real console, your 3DS, or your tablet.

Primordial G00    1130
On 1/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, hybridhavoc said:

...  So the Switch is not meant to replace your real console, your 3DS, or your tablet.

Because, while it is all of those things, it is none of those things.

Reggie says it's not a tablet anyway.

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, SithWarrior said:

I want to get one but the Controller prices are killing this for me the joy-con controllers are costing $99CDN and cant imagine how much the pro is gonna be here 

https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=405&rootGenre=72

Pro controller is $70 here in the states :(

ninjabjj    1286
On 2017-01-18 at 9:37 AM, LilUbo said:

They are a Japanese company! It isn't their fault that your Japanese and understanding of the Japanese culture SUCKS! GAWD!

They may be a "Japanese" company but they are a global enterprise and should take that into consideration if they want to expand their customer base and actually improve their profit margin. #CommonSense