• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Chuckles    920

New game reveal: ARMS. Looks to be classic Nintendo...

Haven't seen more information regarding battery life 'n such.

Chuckles    920

Battery: 2.5 - 6 hours. Around 3 hours when playing Zelda (releases same day).

Supposed to use a regular type-C USB charger so keeping it charged/running shouldn't be an issue.

metalsiren    422

wanted to play with it just to see, so I preordered the red and blue one through Target. prob won't have it on release day, but don't really care right now. 

hybridhavoc    714

I was never likely to buy this - I'm not really a Nintendo fan and this system just feels like weaksauce to me - but a $300 price tag pretty much solidified that I won't be picking one up.

romanodog    2383

If it's anything like the Wii and Wii U, it'll be collecting dust a couple months after purchase.  I'll be passing on this one... Can't justify buying a console for 2-3 games.

• Like 2

Chuckles    920

I like the portable bit, but the Surface Pro 4 I'm eyeballin' pretty much gives me everything.

• Like 3

xcoaste    609

$300 at launch with no Mario is the deathblow. Dammit Nintendo, why don't they have a grasp on peoples' desires. 

My suggestion if I worked for them: Release the system with Mario for $250.00. This gets the consoles in homes right away and then they have a bigger group of people to buy all the other software titles they release. I get that at $250.00 they may have very slim profit margin, but you get the console into peoples hands, with a good game, and then make your money on selling more games. Instead, people are taken back by the price and lack of release titles (hello Wii U), sure some will buy it, but not the amount of people needed to sell a ton of games like a PS4, or XB1.

I was all prepared to preorder, but as of today I am not. Going to need a price drop and or wait for Mario.

BDaddyK    1105

The peripherals are expensive as fuck too, $70 for the pro controller, extra joy cons $80, grip $30, WTF Nintey?! 

• Like 2

dmadman72    279

I see this console as DOA. If (and it's a BIG if) the console is supported by 3rd party triple A titles you will have to buy a SD card for pretty much every game. 32GB is a complete joke, Add to that the fact that you can't use an external HDD and it is appealing to me as buying a horse with no legs. Some of the games look alright but I don't think collectively they are worth buying a new console for. The controllers look weak to say the least. I think Nintendo would do better to go the way of Sega and just concentrate on making games.

Look at the track record. NES, Great. SNES, Mediocre. N64, Flop. Just think, They dropped the PS1 to go with the N64? Game Cube, Flop. Wii, Financially successful but not a gamers system. Wii U, Flop. Can't see the switch being a hit.  

Now I am no genius by any stretch of the imagination but I would like to think that if I owned a company that is only being held together by a hand held system that I would not create a product that would be in direct competition with said product.

• Like 3

hybridhavoc    714

I think that if I were going to make a suggestion to them, it would be to get out of the console business entirely. I think they would be much better off doing two things - making games for other consoles, and making games AND hardware to go with Android and iOS mobile devices.  Those controllers would seem much more reasonable to me if they connected to my existing Android device, and they opened up the controllers as an interface for other developers to make use of.

• Like 3

BDaddyK    1105

Hopefully third parties show up to the party, and not just with re-trashes of 5+ year old games either...

• Like 1

romanodog    2383

Wow I didn't realize the thing was 32gb.  Do they know it's 2017?  Is this a video game console?  I know they are probably pushing the game carts but do they know that people purchase games digitally?

BDaddyK    1105

I'm not quite sure where Nintey has this thing posited, mobile? home console? The unit, peripherals and games ($60) are all priced at a home console price point, which is kinda baffling when it's the least powerful (of the big 3) and starts at a higher price than the XB1/PS4. 

Hoptimus    1123
40 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

I think that if I were going to make a suggestion to them, it would be to get out of the console business entirely. I think they would be much better off doing two things - making games for other consoles, and making games AND hardware to go with Android and iOS mobile devices.  Those controllers would seem much more reasonable to me if they connected to my existing Android device, and they opened up the controllers as an interface for other developers to make use of.

Yeah I was saying that when the WiiU came out and still think the same.

Pass.

thebigjay19    198

What is wrong with the switch price point? Brand new console launches at $300 and we're complaining, why? Both of the competing (saying that loosely ) launched at much higher prices. And as for the pehapsal prices, again, they are completely new and different. We pay $40-$50 for rehashed controller that does nothing new. I don't understand the hate for something that is going to bring joy to people, on the go I might add. I'm excited. Wish more were.

hybridhavoc    714
7 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

What is wrong with the switch price point? Brand new console launches at $300 and we're complaining, why? Both of the competing (saying that loosely ) launched at much higher prices. And as for the pehapsal prices, again, they are completely new and different. We pay $40-$50 for rehashed controller that does nothing new. I don't understand the hate for something that is going to bring joy to people, on the go I might add. I'm excited. Wish more were.

No hate, I just see nothing there to get excited about. The controllers are absolutely new and different and innovative, but they're connected to what is essentially a mediocre tablet.

Also, #ZeroHype2017

• Like 1

xcoaste    609
34 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

Speaking for myself on the price point, when I buy a Playstation or Xbox I know I am going to be getting a gateway to tons of games to play. With Nintendo, I am really only getting a handful of games worth playing. My son has a Wii U, and there have been about 6-8 games that interested us since launch. Also, Nintendo doesn't typically lower the price the same way the other big 2 do. 

romanodog    2383

Nothing wrong with the price point, seems fair for a new console.  The $70 pro controller is nothing new and different though, unless i'm mistaken and it does more than what a normal PS4/XB1 controller does.

hybridhavoc    714
13 minutes ago, romanodog said:

Nothing wrong with the price point, seems fair for a new console.  The $70 pro controller is nothing new and different though, unless i'm mistaken and it does more than what a normal PS4/XB1 controller does.

Source:  http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/12/nintendo-switch-has-high-tech-joy-con-controllers-with-motion-detection/

Each Joy-Con also has a camera and motion detection. Each controler includes an accelerometer and gyro-sensor, making independent left and right motion control possible. The right Joy-Con has an infrared motion camera that can detect the distance, shape and motion of nearby objects in specially designed games. For example, it can tell how far away a player’s hand is, and even if the hand is forming a rock, paper or scissors shape.

You can detect objects in front of the controller (as in the picture at the top), and you can wave each one around like a gun or a wand. Both Joy-Con include advanced HD Rumble, which can provide compatible games with subtle vibrations that are much more realistic than before. The effect is so detailed that a player could, for example, feel the sensation of individual ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con, Nintendo said.

romanodog    2383

Well I specifically meant the pro controller, not the joy-con controller.  But that is some cool stuff in the joy-con.