Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuckles

Chinese New Years

12 posts in this topic

Overwatch is getting a Chinese New Years even starting Jan 24. Every event has had new costumes for characters with some new limited-time game type.

Here's a possible leak of four characters (tre awesome if true!)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-19-overwatch-celebrating-chinese-new-year-with-new-mei-d-va-skins

Can't capture the pic for the life of me

If they don't make Hanzo's ult into dancing dragons I'll be slightly peeved.

Does overwatch have something to do with China, or is this just an excuse to do something fun.

1 minute ago, Primordial G00 said:

Does overwatch have something to do with China, or is this just an excuse to do something fun.

One of the characters, Mei, is Chinese. As a company, ActiBlizzard has been increasing focus on China as a gaming marketplace and this is just a small part of that. There will be no Easter or Valentine's events just solidifies this theory, in my mind.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749679071?page=2#post-27

We do have some VERY cool stuff planned for next year.

To clarify without spoiling surprises:

We are *NOT* planning a Valentines or Easter event.

So yes, you can expect cool events. But just to manage expectations Valentines and Easter are not those events.

1 person likes this

Well Valentines is understandable(wish persona 5 was still coming out on that day so I have something to look forward too) 

Edited by SithWarrior

1 minute ago, SithWarrior said:

We Valentines is understandable(wish persona 5 was still coming out on that day so I have something to look forward too) 

They've always celebrated Valentines day in previous games, particularly WoW:

http://www.wowhead.com/love-is-in-the-air

This is a new thing for Blizzard.

Would be awesome, for Valentines, to have Winston flinging chocolates from his butt.

Gung Hay Fat Choy mother fuckers!

1 person likes this

Had some fun games last night with some Taggers! Thanks @Chuckles for inviting me! That was the first time I've played online with TAG members in a long time and it was great! :D

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, CaptNink said:

Had some fun games last night with some Taggers! Thanks @Chuckles for inviting me! That was the first time I've played online with TAG members in a long time and it was great! :D

You up for some more today? Gotta earn dem der dar loot boxes fer all da new shinies!

21 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

You up for some more today? Gotta earn dem der dar loot boxes fer all da new shinies!

Might not be able to get on today, but I'll give it a try! I'll have to distract the wife with reruns of 'The Bachelor'. :D

The Mei outfit for this event is currently bugged. You can tell if you look at her sideways - her backpack is hovering away from her body and her upper body and lower body are mismatched. Blizzard has confirmed it is a bug, rather than what half the community seemed to think of it as a "reveal" of her actual body figure. :icon_rolleyes:

Expect a patch or hotfix at some point. 

2 people like this