Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
    • Hoptimus

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th   02/22/18

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th!   If you can't see it flush your browser cache and/or flush dns.   Join the REDDIT here   https://www.reddit.com/r/TAG_theadultgamer/   And our DISCORD   https://discord.gg/c4Pk6BA  
studknckl

Nintendo Switch Initial Impressions

Awesome impressions @studknckl! The Switch does seem like a solid piece of hardware that does have its shortcomings (lack of horsepower not being one of them) exacerbated by a fairly weak launch in software and online functionality/offerings. As a portable machine it does look stellar and the lack of PS4/XB1 powered graphics, IMO, are grossly overstated. The size and quality of the screen on the unit will lend itself well graphically for portable gaming, and realistically as a home console I see it being a second console for anyone that is going to use it primarily as it as that. The real drawback of lack of horsepower will be lack of or dramatically scaled back current gen AAA franchises, or lack of widespread third party support. My hope is that the Switch doesn't become a third party dumping ground for mobile iOS/Android shovelware or gimmicky motion based games, no worries about first party though. I can totally see getting a Switch once its path is a little more defined, I know my son would love it too. Definitely looking forward to your impressions with some more hands on time with it!

• Like 2

Good stuff, thanks for posting. I definitely want it, but with my backlog the way it is right now I'll probably hold off. Maybe there will be some bundles come Christmas time. I'm looking forward to giving BotW a playthrough. Have you had any issues with the left joy con? 

Definitely a great write up!  Those joy cons are definitely too small for me, and don't look ergonomic at all.  The price tag on that pro controller is a bit too high IMO.  But in general I'm just not a fan of Nintendo, so I'm unlikely to be picking it up regardless.  For those that have picked it up or are going to, I just hope that the line up gets fleshed out a bit more and that the first-party titles are released quickly enough to not leave the thing gathering dust.  I have to wonder how well Zelda BotW would be scoring if it weren't a Zelda game - I think that franchise in particular is given far more leeway and preference than other games, and I think that's being reflected in its reviews.  I have no doubt that it's a good game, but the reviews so far are a bit too glowing to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

Definitely a great write up!  Those joy cons are definitely too small for me, and don't look ergonomic at all.  The price tag on that pro controller is a bit too high IMO.  But in general I'm just not a fan of Nintendo, so I'm unlikely to be picking it up regardless.  For those that have picked it up or are going to, I just hope that the line up gets fleshed out a bit more and that the first-party titles are released quickly enough to not leave the thing gathering dust.  I have to wonder how well Zelda BotW would be scoring if it weren't a Zelda game - I think that franchise in particular is given far more leeway and preference than other games, and I think that's being reflected in its reviews.  I have no doubt that it's a good game, but the reviews so far are a bit too glowing to me.

Agreed. Basically the jist of the conversation we had the other night. The price for peripherals on the Switch is crazy. It's kinda ridiculous that for the system, game, a pro controller (or worse joy con and chargeable grip) and SD card your at the doorstep of $500. 

• Like 2

Now if Sony could only do a portable like that...

I still can't believe the size of the crater that thing made in North America.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:52 PM, Chuckles said:

Now if Sony could only do a portable like that...

I still can't believe the size of the crater that thing made in North America.

I really enjoyed my Vita but mainly because I hardly had to buy any games for it. Nearly everything (outside of Persona 4 Golden) was given away through ps+. The trouble with the Vita is that not only did it not get 3rd party support but Sony dropped 1st party support after the first year. So it really became a portable indie machine. The Switch appears to be the new go to for portable indies and, while I don't see the Switch ever getting major 3rd party support, Nintendo isn't about to let it down as a 1st party machine. They did a great job ensuring that the Wii U had its fill of 1st party games. There is a lot more riding on the Switch because it potentially combines their two established markets (console/handheld) so I can't see them dropping the ball when it comes to pumping out games for the system.

• Like 1