Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Sign in to follow this  
Yelgis

Season 10 Dates Confirmed and other info

Straight from Blizzard's mouth.

Season 9 will be ending on the following dates and times:

• North America: Friday, March 17 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT 
  • Europe: Friday, March 17 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Friday, March 17 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 10 will begin about two weeks afterward on these dates:

• North America: Friday, March 31 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT 
  • Europe: Friday, March 31 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Friday, March 31 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

This is actually perfect for me this time around. I will be free all weekend this release, so I am looking forward to a fun season start. 

I really like the new Holy Point shot for DH and always did like the Impale spec. I may give that a go this season. I may also start with Monk now that I don't need to roll a separate one for ZDPs and farming, etc. 

As far as sets go. Haedrig's this time around are:

Demon Hunter => Marauder

Barbarian => Raekor

Wizard => Delsere

Monk => Inna

Witchdoctor => Zunimassa
Crusader => Akkhan

I feel DH and Barb got the best of the draw for S10. They are the only ones that get a nice damage bump with their 4 piece, so they will have the easiest time soloing GR20 to complete their journey sets. WD gets an okay increase with 4p Zuni, but Delsere, Inna and Akkhan really don't give a power increase until their 6p bonuses. That said all classes have a spec that can do a GR20 as a fresh 70 in all yellows (even if it takes 13 minutes). A little luck with certain legendary drops on your way to 70 can really help too. 

The only sets of those that are good early speed farming sets are Raekor and possibly Zuni (built like a HT garg build). Inna and Marauder are both strong builds but not really for speed farming. Delsere may be a little better with its buffs now so I can't say how it stacks up. Akkhan is still akkhan and not really that useful.

Other nice things coming in season 10 are:

Armory: the ability to save builds/item loadouts and swap them in town (no need for multiples of the same class now)

Material Storage: most crafting mats no longer take up inventory space and have their own UI

Possible meta shifts are also being discussed. It is still going to be 2 support + 2 dps for 4 man pushing and yes the supports are still going to be primarily Monk + Barb, but the boss killer slot is now up for debate. Generator monk is still in the running, but new contenders for the spot are Manald Heal Hydra Archon Lightning Wizard and Impale Shadow Demon Hunter with the new Holy Point Shot (triple dmg ftw). Both of them have been shown to be very competitive in RG kill times if not better than the Monk and they can contribute more to the run outside of the RG than the monk can. AoE dps is still ruled by Bat WD.

• Like 1