Chuckles

Destiny 2 Early September

68 posts in this topic

https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

From this link, PC version is confirmed. I wonder how quickly it'll be overrun with hax. 

edit: I noticed they're following the same formula as vanilla Destiny - two expansion packs in the first year. 

edit 2: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-release-date-pc-version-and-collectors-e/1100-6449082/

The description stating that competitive multiplayer--and not competitive multiplayer maps--are included makes it sound as if Crucible isn't included in the base game. That might very well be a typo, but we've followed up with Activision to clarify and will report back when we know more.

Hrm...

There's filthy filthy...leeeeeewwwwwwwwt...

There's filthy filthy...leeeeeewwwwwwwwt...

So will Borderlands 3 in a year or two.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, SaberStrike11 said:

So..... I pre-ordered Destiny 2. @Chuckles I Blame You. Lol

Did you find a Collector's Edition laying around for, like, $1,000 or so?

1 person likes this

On March 30, 2017 at 3:58 PM, DukeDesu said:

https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

From this link, PC version is confirmed. I wonder how quickly it'll be overrun with hax. 

edit: I noticed they're following the same formula as vanilla Destiny - two expansion packs in the first year. 

edit 2: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-release-date-pc-version-and-collectors-e/1100-6449082/

Hrm...

LOL @ calling them "expansions" 

Did you find a Collector's Edition laying around for, like, $1,000 or so?

No but the guy at the swapmeet said the bootleggers edition had more content for half the price. Can't wait!!

Didnt even have to ask. Wife pre-ordered this and Red Dead 2 for me. She is a keeper.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Zenlizard said:

Didnt even have to ask. Wife pre-ordered this and Red Dead 2 for me. She is a keeper.

I like her. Do you let her date?

Not really. Gotta keep her working and away from the real world so she doesn't figure out that she settled quite as hard as she did. She does have two batshit crazy sisters I could introduce you to. I am sure they would be just fine...

2 people like this

Not really. Gotta keep her working and away from the real world so she doesn't figure out that she settled quite as hard as she did. She does have two batshit crazy sisters I could introduce you to. I am sure they would be just fine...

Ooooooohhhhh i like crazy

I guess I'll preorder this as well since I'm playing the first one on Xbox now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Zenlizard said:

I already married crazy once...

But I'm pretty g'damned stupid when it comes to girls so, sure, hook a bruh up!

I'll try anything a fifth time!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DukeDesu said:

I guess I'll preorder this as well since I'm playing the first one on Xbox now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xbox one?

28 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

xbox one?

Yup.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Chuckles said:

I already married crazy once...

But I'm pretty g'damned stupid when it comes to girls so, sure, hook a bruh up!

I'll try anything a fifth time!

No more limbs to stick back in the fire...

http://www.mmorpg.com/columns/like-it-or-not-destiny-2-is-good-for-the-mmo-genre-1000011658

AAA money is all but gone from the MMO genre. Marketing and PR teams are avoiding the acronym for fear it conjures up immediate comparison to World of Warcraft and spending all your time with one game. This is the backlash a decade of Azerothian Also-Rans has wrought. This is the damage to an industry we’re being forced to endure. The funny thing is? Destiny, for a LOT of people, IS as big an addiction as WoW was or is for many. There are people who only play Destiny. It is the consoles’ World of Warcraft.

[...]

It may not be your cup of tea and we’d all like a larger open shared world and universe capable of supporting hundreds or thousands in one space. But this is where we are at this point in time as the genre struggles to evolve past the Warcraft paradigm. There are the Indie MMORPGs trying to make it work (Ashes of Creation, Pantheon, Crowfall, Camelot, and more). And then there is Destiny: The POS (Persistent Online Shooter).

tl;dr - success of Destiny 2 on the PC front is likely predictive of a revival of the MMO genre. 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor