Chuckles

Project Scorpio Hardware Reveal (duuuuude)

95 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

$400 woulda been megatons...

$400 with a $50 drop for Black Friday and I'd view this differently. $500 with any drop ends up competing with upgrading my PC. I understand it's fine for those who are mainly focusing their gaming on the Xbox, of course, but it makes me think twice on being a multi-platform gamer. I echo the hope that this does not become a future standard for pricing of consoles. 

6 minutes ago, DukeDesu said:

$400 with a $50 drop for Black Friday and I'd view this differently. $500 with any drop ends up competing with upgrading my PC. I understand it's fine for those who are mainly focusing their gaming on the Xbox, of course, but it makes me think twice on being a multi-platform gamer. I echo the hope that this does not become a future standard for pricing of consoles. 

I definitely hope that it's not the future standard. I was truly expecting $500, $400 was just a dream, though hopefully by trading in my launch XB1 I can get it close to $400. 

If I was a PC gamer too, I'd definitely be holding off on a OneX, that's for sure. 

1 person likes this

I wouldn't be surprised if, four years from now, the new version of the Xbox was selling for $500 with the Xbox One X selling for $250.

2 people like this

If you're a PC gamer as well, chances are you can already pump out the 4K so it wouldn't be very attractive. I'm fairly certain I can no longer be a "casual" multi-platformer. My budget is going to make me commit.

I was hoping it would be $400-450 max but it's not. The extra $50 dollars isn't huge but at the same time I'm not really excited about it. I'll wait for Christmas deals and see what I like then. I already killed my multi-platforming a few years ago and I'm kinda glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 person likes this

Microsoft will very likely lower the price a bit (hey, we heard you gamers and since we're so cool we've lowered the price!) before release. Just yuz wait...

If the system has about as many new non-FPS type games as the current model does it's a pass... & it won't exactly be a huge loss.  

I haven't seen any sales of the PS4 Pro since it's the Enthusiast console so we will most likely see the same with the XboneX

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, SithWarrior said:

I haven't seen any sales of the PS4 Pro since it's the Enthusiast console so we will most likely see the same with the XboneX

Hard to say.  I would argue that the technological difference between the PS4 and PS4 Pro is not as significant as that from the original Xbox One to the Xbox One X.  I can't speak to the differences between the Xbox One S and the X, as I knew as soon as the two were announced last year that I wouldn't be getting the S.

1 hour ago, SithWarrior said:

This is probably correct. The PS4 PRO and Xbox One X are aimed at the serious gamer so they are counting on them buying it and they have the Entry models for everyone else.

They haven't needed to lower the price of the PS4 Pro either because every 5th PS4 console sold is a Pro; they're selling very well. I imagine the same will be said of the One X. 

While there haven't been official sales, I've seen retailers bundle the PS4 Pro with a game for $400

PS4 Pro will drop in price before The X release. They'll call it the holiday sale. Then they'll bundle the hell out it for Christmas. This will be targeted to screw with Microsoft sales.

Microsoft will be forced to respond with a $50 price drop and then bundling.

It's how console releases (new vs. current, etc.) have always played out.

I don't have a 4k tv in my house so I won't be upgrading. Seems like a beautiful system though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

I don't have a 4k tv in my house so I won't be upgrading. Seems like a beautiful system though.

It doesn't just benefit 4K users. 1080 TV users get a nice visual upgrade too. 

I'm still rocking a 720p tv with my xbox one

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

I'm still rocking a 720p tv with my xbox one

This is where I was before I upgraded to 4K.  Also why I was fine upgrading to 4K minus HDR - cheaper, and still a HUGE upgrade from 720p.

On 6/14/2017 at 11:35 AM, Hoptimus said:

This is probably correct. The PS4 PRO and Xbox One X are aimed at the serious gamer so they are counting on them buying it and they have the Entry models for everyone else.

"serious"

:db: