24 posts in this topic

This here there thar patch is perkin' me up, some, and looks like I'll be able to tolerate certain game particulars with only a bit o' fuss.

Here's a YongYea vid (My Face Is Tired)

Already is Bioware making with the "humanizing" of the game character's animation and such. Not only that, they're also tweaking dialogue (thank you jebus!)

Animations and everythin' still wonky but (what they've improved) isn't near as bad as they originally were.

1 person likes this

By the time this hits sales or Access, it'll be darn near perfect. Looking forward to it!

2 people like this

So nice of them to start getting round to finishing the game!

1 person likes this

On 4/7/2017 at 8:59 AM, BDaddyK said:

So nice of them to start getting round to finishing the game!

The most dedicated players probably finished the game before they did.

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

And had a blast while doing so. 

1 person likes this

I can respect those players that said they didn't care about all the messed up crap and simply played on (they're still broken inside, though) but the apparently many, going by Metacritic, that have declared they don't see anything wrong with the game...

Them.

Them I would dissect while listening to their quivering pleas for mercy.

31 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I can respect those players that said they didn't care about all the messed up crap and simply played on (they're still broken inside, though) but the apparently many, going by Metacritic, that have declared they don't see anything wrong with the game...

Them.

Them I would dissect while listening to their quivering pleas for mercy.

I don't pay any heed to metacritic user reviews. There's no quality control, users often post 0 or 10 scores simply to boost the average score in the direction they want, there is no way to verify anyone actually played or owned the game (unlike, say, Amazon, which now includes verified owners) metabombing is a thing. It's the least accurate you'll ever get of any game result.

There is no way I'd rate this game a 10, but I think with the latest patch the critic reviews around 7 and 7.5 feel accurate, and most of that "low" score is due entirely to the story (gameplay is a joy and treat). Rating it a 5 or below is just as silly as rating it a 10. Of course, if I were to rate this game on the special scale Bethesda's games often get where bugs, ugly characters, and yawn-inducing stories are "lovable features" to some in the greater gaming community, this would be a solid 11.

Grabbed this on the XBL sale this week. Patch improved the game a lot compared to when I played the EA Access trial pre-launch. Liking this one a lot.

2 people like this

I only play it a couple hours a week to keep it fresh.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

Grabbed this on the XBL sale this week. Patch improved the game a lot compared to when I played the EA Access trial pre-launch. Liking this one a lot.

Damn, they're already lowering the price on it.   

Yeah and taking a break from the whole series now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aaaaand they've officially killed the franchise with an "indefinitely on hold" announcement.

Don't matter I'll still play it. It's kind of frustrating that they didn't have more of a storyline similar to previous installments without being just like it. The new idea had promise but, poor execution once again kills these games. Just seems like it needed another year or two of development.

1 person likes this

New patch was released yesterday. Anyone notice anything significant?

1 hour ago, Chuckles said:

New patch was released yesterday. Anyone notice anything significant?

Haven't played singleplayer since my first run through. Only doing multiplayer now, and seems most were multiplayer bug fixes for stuff.

2 people like this

On 4/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, QuiGonGinRummy said:

Yeah, pretty much. I think I finished my Xb1 playthrough 2 or 3 days after the graphics patch came out.  

9 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Aaaaand they've officially killed the franchise with an "indefinitely on hold" announcement.

:icon_eek:Whoa, you could've knocked me over with a feather on this one.  I knew of the mixed reviews, but had no idea it was that poorly received; guess it's true what they say about stocks having an inverse relationship to some things.  Does that mean that they're ending ME:A completely is the question, as in "no story-based DLC"?  EA may want to reconsider doing an enhanced version of the original trilogy then, if they want people to remember the franchise at it's best.  

42 minutes ago, Cbaoth said:

Yeah, pretty much. I think I finished my Xb1 playthrough 2 or 3 days after the graphics patch came out.  

:icon_eek:Whoa, you could've knocked me over with a feather on this one.  I knew of the mixed reviews, but had no idea it was that poorly received; guess it's true what they say about stocks having an inverse relationship to some things.  Does that mean that they're ending ME:A completely is the question, as in "no story-based DLC"?  EA may want to reconsider doing an enhanced version of the original trilogy then, if they want people to remember the franchise at it's best.  

Mass Effect isn't cancelled, just on hold (you can find this clarified by both EA and Bioware on the interwebs, along with the article Chuckles posted in a separate topic). There will likely be no story DLC for Andromeda though. 

It sounds like they're not going to continue the Andromeda universe, or they're going back to the drawing board on the concept at the very least. Something similar happened with Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition; Dragon Age 2 was acknowledged to exist in Inquisition but there was no direct continuation of that story. 

They've been reshuffling much of their staff to support development and release of their upcoming brand new IP, and back in April some of their team was also sent over to assist with Battlefront 2. What remains is likely a skeleton crew for maintenance of Andromeda's multiplayer. They did something similar with SWTOR - axed most of the development team and left a skeleton crew to support the game while they re-thought how to approach it (and turned it into a cash shop monster in the process). 

I'd be interested to know how much all those new EA subscriptions offset the losses.

37 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I'd be interested to know how much all those new EA subscriptions offset the losses.

They haven't spoken about SWTOR subscriptions since last year to their investors, and that was reporting a $1 million loss. That game is dead - only one server is active across all regions and last I checked out the subreddit they were making posts asking if Bioware was trying to get people to quit so they could kill the game. It's that bad.

EA's mobile Star Wars game is the only Star Wars game making them a current profit from what I understand. So, that should say how bad things are for SWTOR.

The way I see it, Bioware's only hope of redeeming themselves is nailing whatever this supposed new brand IP is out of the ballpark. All of their current franchises are on life support. I think if they don't do that, they'll probably get split up and absorbed into various other EA studios and shut down, much like Westwood was after Command and Conquer 4 failed to deliver.

Bummer. I am really enjoying ME:A right now. I hope they are able to do another.

1 person likes this

Bummer. I am really enjoying ME:A right now. I hope they are able to do another.

I enjoy it also. I'd really like it if the make another great trilogy style series of it in the future!!

1 person likes this

Look at what the latest patch brought, GINGERS

19143030_10155202853780218_6645573348187

3 people like this

Gotta love how they're taking the, "send the bomb squad after the device has detonated" approach.  In fairness though, the ones who did the game no longer have the "monkey on their back" in regards to schedules & such.