• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

BDaddyK    1105

Anybody watching The Flash? I'm not sure what network it's on as I'm watching it on Netflix. My son watched all of what is available on Netflix and really liked it and wanted to watch it again with me. It's pretty good so far, we're bout halfway through season one, a little on the super hero soap opera side, but more fun than the heavier Marvel Netflix shows. I also like that Barry Allen's Dad is the Flash from the TV when I was a kid. 

Cbaoth    657

The initial 2 seasons I watched it,  haven't done so lately, at least not regularly.  To me it's starting to get repetitive, the bullet points follow:  

• New (or rehashed) Supervillain shows up, who is somehow faster then the Flash, or at least "knows his weakness(es)".  Check
  • Flash increases his speed powers, defeats villain & in the process somehow travels back in time or shoved into another dimension due to some barrier that he inadvertently tore or outright broke. Check
  • He comes back to default world, but things are now altered in some way.  Now has to reverse that screw-up somehow. Check 
  • He "fixes" (note the quotes) the problem (in the same way someone can put a broken glass cup back together, which means it's not the same anymore). Check
  • Which leads back to the first bullet-point. 

studknckl    987

Iris is hot. First season was the best but they have been kind of stuck in a plot loop ever since. I had high hopes for the flash point storyline but it hasn't panned out the way i wanted. too much reliance on speedsters as villains instead of coming up with an interesting nemesis.  Kinda like how most of the big bads in Arrow are archers.  

• Like 1

Duke大王    883
Just now, studknckl said:

Iris is hot. First season was the best but they have been kind of stuck in a plot loop ever since. I had high hopes for the flash point storyline but it hasn't panned out the way i wanted. too much reliance on speedsters as villains instead of coming up with an interesting nemesis.  Kinda like how most of the big bads in Arrow are archers.  

I haven't watched Flash but I liked the team-up they did with him and Supergirl against Livewire and Banshee; it was the more varied villain sort of battle that I'd expect from the comics where they had to use their powers in creative ways rather than just getting "faster" or "stronger". Sad to hear that's not the case. Arrow's strongest arc was against Deathstroke (i.e. the initial arc).

• Like 1

studknckl    987

First couple seasons of Arrow were really good. I feel this current season has been ok since they remade the team. It is watchable but not great.  The 100 remains my favorite show on CW and Supernatural is pretty good too but I save that for Netflix so I am always a year behind.

Duke大王    883
4 minutes ago, studknckl said:

First couple seasons of Arrow were really good. I feel this current season has been ok since they remade the team. It is watchable but not great.  The 100 remains my favorite show on CW and Supernatural is pretty good too but I save that for Netflix so I am always a year behind.

I'm a huge fan of Supernatural. For a horror show it's been my "good feels" TV series for years now. Like you I'm waiting for the next season to hit Netflix.

• Like 2

BDaddyK    1105
6 hours ago, studknckl said:

Most definitely. I've only made it to episode 14(?) of the first season. From what I've read the first season is the best, I'm trying to avoid spoilers for the next two, though Sawyer can't stop giving me running commentary and "insight" regarding the next couple seasons...

• Like 2

QuiGonGinRummy    2666
On 5/9/2017 at 6:50 PM, BDaddyK said:

Most definitely. I've only made it to episode 14(?) of the first season. From what I've read the first season is the best, I'm trying to avoid spoilers for the next two, though Sawyer can't stop giving me running commentary and "insight" regarding the next couple seasons...

We're of a similar opinion as far as where we stopped (midway through Season 2). Haven't seen any of Season 3, but the first season ended very well and left me hoping they would drop some of the worn out subplots... but as of where we stopped in S2, they hadn't moved on yet.

My favorite S1 villains were definitely not speedsters. The underlying lesson of "even if you're the fastest man alive, you still can't be everywhere at once" led to some of their finest moments.

• Like 1

Chuckles    920
On 5/9/2017 at 0:50 PM, DukeDesu said:

I'm a huge fan of Supernatural. For a horror show it's been my "good feels" TV series for years now. Like you I'm waiting for the next season to hit Netflix.

I really do like that show but I feel that voicing that in public pushes me that much closer to wanting it in mah poop shute.

BDaddyK    1105

Finished up the first season. Actually really liked it, was kinda hokey (in a goody good world way) at first, however, it fits the show. Started the second season, at the third episode currently. 

BDaddyK    1105

Finished up the second season. Not terrible, though not as great as the first season though. Definitely feel the same as Stud that there have been too many speed related antagonists so far. I'm hopeful for the third season, which was just added to Netflix the other day. I'll at least give the third season a go. 

studknckl    987

season 3 might work better in binge mode. having it drawn out over several months wasn't great. there are some really good eps but overall it felt like a rehash of the first two seasons to me.

BDaddyK    1105
4 minutes ago, studknckl said:

season 3 might work better in binge mode. having it drawn out over several months wasn't great. there are some really good eps but overall it felt like a rehash of the first two seasons to me.

Not too reassuring...

studknckl    987
52 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

Not too reassuring...

There is good and bad. It is by no means unwatchable. I guess I just had higher expectations from the Flashpoint story line. Overall the season is fine but falls short of the wonderful first season.  Maybe it will have a return to form. I thought Arrow picked up considerably this year from its previous season.

BDaddyK    1105
3 hours ago, studknckl said:

There is good and bad. It is by no means unwatchable. I guess I just had higher expectations from the Flashpoint story line. Overall the season is fine but falls short of the wonderful first season.  Maybe it will have a return to form. I thought Arrow picked up considerably this year from its previous season.

Cool. I was still gonna watch it anyway. I guess I gotta watch Arrow next, and Sawyer wants to watch Supergirl too. 

studknckl    987

The CW stuff is cool because of the crossovers.  Supergirl just came to CW this past season so she only crossed over twice that I know of. But Arrow, Flash, and Legends all have a fairly interchangeable cast.

BDaddyK    1105

Finished up Season 3 last week. All in all it was decent, hopefully with season 4 they'll have less "speed centric" villains. 

MadWik    2123
2 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

hopefully with season 4 they'll have less "speed centric" villains. 

The producers said late last season that next season's villain will not be a Speedster (yay!). Based on how things have played out with the female villains in Flash and Arrow, I'm hoping we'll see something like that take center stage.

• Like 2