thebigjay19

Friday the 13th

31 posts in this topic

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now and I'm pretty excited to play it. It's Jason vs camp counselors, that reminds me of Left for dead. I'm going to wait for a couple of reviews just to make sure it doesn't stink, but because it's not a triple A game, and doesn't carry the triple A price, average reviews won't disuede me from a purchase. I think it releases this Friday for $40. Anybody here thinking about getting it?

1 person likes this

Never heard bout it. I'll have to check it out. 

first vid that popped on a search

1 person likes this

Playing as Jason:

Looks pretty interesting. 

Thanks BDaddyK for posting those vids.

1 person likes this

the whole glitchy screen and teleportation thing is kind of off putting. liked it until that happened.

1 hour ago, Stevie Knuckles said:

the whole glitchy screen and teleportation thing is kind of off putting. liked it until that happened.

I feel like that is a gameplay feature to give you notice when Jason is close. Not sure how disorienting that would be when I'm playing, but it was a bit distracting.

2 hours ago, Stevie Knuckles said:

Yeah the glitchy screen thing is kinda wonky, like bigjay said, prolly a way to let you know Jason is near. Prolly could have a different/better implementation though. I kinda like the teleportation aspect though, it's kinda like the movies, he can be anywhere/everywhere at once, plus if the map/s are as big as it looks it might be a bitch trying to hoof it all over the place to find peeps to kill, especially when they're all spread out. 

4 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

Yeah the glitchy screen thing is kinda wonky, like bigjay said, prolly a way to let you know Jason is near. Prolly could have a different/better implementation though. I kinda like the teleportation aspect though, it's kinda like the movies, he can be anywhere/everywhere at once, plus if the map/s are as big as it looks it might be a bitch trying to hoof it all over the place to find peeps to kill, especially when they're all spread out. 

yeah true. maybe they should use his  hahaha ch chch as an indicator. like it gets louder as he gets close. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Stevie Knuckles said:

yeah true. maybe they should use his  hahaha ch chch as an indicator. like it gets louder as he gets close. 

Definitely be down for that, surprised the devs. didn't. That's just as much F13th as Jason's mask. 

1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

Definitely be down for that, surprised the devs. didn't. That's just as much F13th as Jason's mask. 

Could still be in there. These videos were from the beta.

On 5/23/2017 at 5:55 PM, Stevie Knuckles said:

I use that sound on my wife when it's dark out and we haven't turned on the house lights yet when getting home. It's the best part!

2 people like this

Anybody pick it up?

I'll be grabbing this next time it hits a Steam sale, for sure.

Lots of people playing it, so much so that they needed to rent more servers. I'm going to pick it up but I haven't seen any reliable reviews yet.

1 person likes this

I'm definitely gonna wait for some reviews too. If enough peeps pick it up it looks like it could be pretty fun

1 person likes this

Been watching a bunch of streams of this game and it looks wicked fun and funny. I'll prolly get it when the game finally gets patched. Hopefully peeps will still be playing it...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've been playing it this week. I purchased it before they patched their servers, so I was unable to play for the first 24 hours I owned the game. They are currently in the process of testing another patch to correct the matchmaking issues, and hopefully it will roll out next week. The only way to ensure you get a game is to join through the LFG option in the game hub. 

That being said the game is really fun when it works. There's a proximity sound feature, where you can't hear one another unless you're close (unless you have the walkie talkie item). Jason can hear you if you speak too loud, which leads to some tense moments of quiet. If you aren't working as a team, you're screwed. I've been in plenty of matches where we've lost because one player puts the gas in one of two cars on the map, while another puts a battery in the other. Being Jason is a blast, but not as easy as it seems as there are things like pocket knives and other implements the counselors can use to break free of your grip. This leads to your being stunned for a few seconds, and their hauling ass. Each counselor is rated differently in skills such as stealth and luck, which leads to slightly different play styles  

I kind of like the glitchy video when Jason gets close. It's enough to set off mild panic and have one doing circles looking for Jason. Here's my tip: if Jason is chasing you, stay out of the water. :D

Edited by Ghost Touched
Phone spelling errors
1 person likes this

Has this game kept up on interest at all? Still being played?

Yeah, I haven't seen too many on my friends list playing anymore. At launch there were a bunch playing. I'm still interested, just don't wanna grab it if there's no interest anymore. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

Yeah, I haven't seen too many on my friends list playing anymore. At launch there were a bunch playing. I'm still interested, just don't wanna grab it if there's no interest anymore. 

I'm in the same boat as you BDaddyK, though I usually see at least one person on it a night. I would pick it up now if I had people to play with, otherwise it is going to be a sale purchase.

1 hour ago, thebigjay19 said:

I'm in the same boat as you BDaddyK, though I usually see at least one person on it a night. I would pick it up now if I had people to play with, otherwise it is going to be a sale purchase.

Same here. I have a feeling this might mirror Evolve: group jumps in when it's cheap... wouldn't be surprised if it lasts about as long as Evolve did, too. :/

2 people like this

8 hours ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

Same here. I have a feeling this might mirror Evolve: group jumps in when it's cheap... wouldn't be surprised if it lasts about as long as Evolve did, too. :/

I hope not, cause I wanna wait and I want peeps to play with :p

A couple more of my friends bought this so I'm going to get it sometime this week.

I downloaded it last night and will post some thoughts on it after I play a few rounds.