BDaddyK

Netflix Marvel Television Universe thread

5 posts in this topic

Finished up Luke Cage over the weekend. Pretty good, not as good as Jessica Jones (tied with DD for my fav small screen super hero show), Colter was great as Cage. Diamond back was good, however, his "power suit" was cheesy as hell, especially the helmet, looked like Fireball from Running Man. 

Four Episodes into Iron Fist currently and am enjoying it. 

2 people like this

Yeah, JJ is pretty close to DD for me.  Luke Cage was entertaining but didn't have the depth of the other two.  Same goes for Iron Fist, with the added point that I didn't find Iron Fist's fight scenes to be that compelling and their version of corporate law and office politics is about as shallow as possible.

2 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Finished up Luke Cage over the weekend. Pretty good, not as good as Jessica Jones (tied with DD for my fav small screen super hero show), Colter was great as Cage. Diamond back was good, however, his "power suit" was cheesy as hell, especially the helmet, looked like Fireball from Running Man. 

Four Episodes into Iron Fist currently and am enjoying it. 

I really liked IRON FIST. More than LUKE CAGE. I did love the backstory episode of Luke Cage though but the 2nd half felt forced. IRON FIST starts slow,gets good in the middle,sags a bit in an arc near the end then picks back up the last 2 episodes.

1 person likes this

sigh...still waiting on my wife to watch the last 3 or 4 episodes of Luke Cage.

1 hour ago, Hoptimus said:

I really liked IRON FIST. More than LUKE CAGE. I did love the backstory episode of Luke Cage though but the 2nd half felt forced. IRON FIST starts slow,gets good in the middle,sags a bit in an arc near the end then picks back up the last 2 episodes.

Yeah Cage did seem a bit bloated, they could have just had Cottonmouth/Shades and Mariah as the protagonists in the first season, and used Shades as a segway into Diamondback for season 2. I will say Misty and Claire def. made it easier to watch :)

1 person likes this