Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

BDaddyK    1133

Finished up Luke Cage over the weekend. Pretty good, not as good as Jessica Jones (tied with DD for my fav small screen super hero show), Colter was great as Cage. Diamond back was good, however, his "power suit" was cheesy as hell, especially the helmet, looked like Fireball from Running Man. 

Four Episodes into Iron Fist currently and am enjoying it. 

• Like 2

hybridhavoc    727

Yeah, JJ is pretty close to DD for me.  Luke Cage was entertaining but didn't have the depth of the other two.  Same goes for Iron Fist, with the added point that I didn't find Iron Fist's fight scenes to be that compelling and their version of corporate law and office politics is about as shallow as possible.

Hoptimus    1134
2 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Finished up Luke Cage over the weekend. Pretty good, not as good as Jessica Jones (tied with DD for my fav small screen super hero show), Colter was great as Cage. Diamond back was good, however, his "power suit" was cheesy as hell, especially the helmet, looked like Fireball from Running Man. 

Four Episodes into Iron Fist currently and am enjoying it. 

I really liked IRON FIST. More than LUKE CAGE. I did love the backstory episode of Luke Cage though but the 2nd half felt forced. IRON FIST starts slow,gets good in the middle,sags a bit in an arc near the end then picks back up the last 2 episodes.

• Like 1

zelq    117

sigh...still waiting on my wife to watch the last 3 or 4 episodes of Luke Cage.

BDaddyK    1133
1 hour ago, Hoptimus said:

I really liked IRON FIST. More than LUKE CAGE. I did love the backstory episode of Luke Cage though but the 2nd half felt forced. IRON FIST starts slow,gets good in the middle,sags a bit in an arc near the end then picks back up the last 2 episodes.

Yeah Cage did seem a bit bloated, they could have just had Cottonmouth/Shades and Mariah as the protagonists in the first season, and used Shades as a segway into Diamondback for season 2. I will say Misty and Claire def. made it easier to watch :)

• Like 1

zelq    117

Just finished Luke Cage. The Method Man part of ep 12 was by far my favorite in the series. I thought the first few eps were good, the middle was....eh, the end was good. Going to fire up Iron Fist soon, now, and try to get caught up before The Defenders releases.

• Like 1

anthem_pt3    41

I am so stoked for The Defenders, if Episode VIII wasn't coming it this year it would be my #1 hyped thing yet to release. I have loved all 4 of these series and I usually like the culminating multi-hero movies more than the individual focused ones. (You might think I'm little weird for this, hah)

My body is ready.

Edited by anthem_pt3
  • Like 1

QuiGonGinRummy    2666
3 hours ago, zelq said:

I thought the first few eps were good, the middle was....eh, the end was good.

This sums up just about every good TV show these days, for me.

zelq    117

Started Iron Fist. Digging it so far. Hooked me faster than Luke Cage did.

• Like 2

BDaddyK    1133
1 hour ago, zelq said:

Started Iron Fist. Digging it so far. Hooked me faster than Luke Cage did.

Sweet! I watched a couple episodes of IF myself last night before the Sandman took me. I'm on episode 8 now, gotta finish it before Defenders...

• Like 1

zelq    117
21 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Sweet! I watched a couple episodes of IF myself last night before the Sandman took me. I'm on episode 8 now, gotta finish it before Defenders...

That's exactly my plan too :)

• Like 1

BDaddyK    1133

Man, what a slog getting through Iron Fist. Hopefully season 2 is vastly better than this season was. 

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1134

Yeah well they got a new showrunner for Season 2 of Iron Fist as the season 1 guy is off ruining the Inhumans currently....

BDaddyK    1133
4 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

Yeah well they got a new showrunner for Season 2 of Iron Fist as the season 1 guy is off ruining the Inhumans currently....

Well it's network TV, so it has that going against it too...

zelq    117
17 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Well it's network TV, so it has that going against it too...

SHIELD isn't horrible and both Flash and Arrow had bright spots. I think they just mad a mistake in trying to translate this to a small screen.

BDaddyK    1133
3 hours ago, zelq said:

SHIELD isn't horrible and both Flash and Arrow had bright spots. I think they just mad a mistake in trying to translate this to a small screen.

Haven't watched Shield, however, I really like Flash and Arrow. I should've been a little more specific, small screen ABC. ABC seems to be a bit more conservative (and ratings demanding) with their programming. To really get a good Inhumans show a Netflix type of deal or movie prolly woulda been a better fit

Hoptimus    1134

INHUMANS is too big/weird for normal TV. It could have worked as a high budget HBO/Netflix series or a movie but as a low budget ABC show its gonna lose a lot.  Agents of Shield started slow,got sorta good then went bonkers (at least for me) in S3/4 so I gave up on it.