Cbaoth

E3 2017

14 posts in this topic

Some E3 stuff that I've seen so far that has "raised my eyebrows"  .  

The spiritual successor to Castlevania.  Hopefully Bloodstained can deliver, trailer looks promising.  Also Bethesdas Creation Club announcement, which has me a bit more wary.  The Fallout 4 VR thing was interesting too, though not my cup of tea (anyone who things I'm wearing a VR thing over my glasses don't know me very well).  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah so far each of the big conferences have had some things that are of interest to me.  I'll say that Spiderman on the PS4 looks like it could be a blast.  Super excited for PS4 owners that never got a chance to play Shadow of the Colossus before - this will look gorgeous with updated graphics.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some random things that interested me:

The Last Night - looks gorgeous

 

Ashen - co-op dark souls ish game

 

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - nuff said

 

State of Decay 2 - also nuff said

 

Dishonored DLC (or standalone thing?)

 

Skull & Bones - AC Black Flag but just the ship combat parts

Also OMG SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthem by EA, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Crackdown 3, Metroid Prime 4, and some of the "hunger games" type games have me interested. OG Xbox games being backwards compatible is also a huge bonus for me. It means I will always have a place to play Jet Set Radio.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Ori game is definitely on my watch list, but for the immediate future I'm waiting on this DLC
 

I wish there'd been news on Cuphead.  I guess it's not coming this year, if nothing next year my guess is that it's been shelved, which would be a shame it looked really good.  
 

EDIT:  I just saw on IGN, it'll come out on September 29th of this year.  I'm a pleased camper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to post the release date when I saw your edit. Cuphead looks great. Hopefully they have added a lot to it over the past two years. I am also excited for the new Ori. I really loved the first one.

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, studknckl said:

I was about to post the release date when I saw your edit. Cuphead looks great. Hopefully they have added a lot to it over the past two years. I am also excited for the new Ori. I really loved the first one.

 

 

Just saw on the Windows store, it's already available for pre-order & it'll have the play anywhere thing.  Just on that it looks like an a PC/Xb1 version for me.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Mario has me itching for a switch.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuphead is releasing in September, I think on the 28th. The game looks good and has a ton of buzz but I need to see some reviews before purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

Cuphead is releasing in September, I think on the 28th. The game looks good and has a ton of buzz but I need to see some reviews before purchase.

Originally the game was just a series of boss battles but once that got out people started complaining. so they took an extra two years to turn it into a full fledged game. will be interesting to see what the final product is like. such an amazing looking game. i hope that it plays well.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, studknckl said:

Originally the game was just a series of boss battles but once that got out people started complaining. so they took an extra two years to turn it into a full fledged game. will be interesting to see what the final product is like. such an amazing looking game. i hope that it plays well.

It played well a couple years ago when it was just boss battles. Hopefully it plays just as well now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm easy to please, was happy to see Hello neighbour releasing soon :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was interested in Cuphead until I heard it was fucking hard. If games get too bad, I rage quit (it's a lack of skill issue). Try to avoid that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zelq said:

I was interested in Cuphead until I heard it was fucking hard. If games get too bad, I rage quit (it's a lack of skill issue). Try to avoid that.

Yeah, I can relate, but it just looks sooo beautiful.  The developers have said there'll be an Easy Mode.  However, the Easy mode will be Normal for most of us (me included), while Normal is Hard.  This looks like it's one of those games that would best be played co-op.  That way when a character dies, the other can save them if quick enough & foes can still be tag teamed against.  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now