• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Cbaoth    657

My current PS4 is dying (original version), it's already doing the self eject thing (waaaay too often, even when game disks aren't in it) & the warranty has long since expired (yes, it's that old now).  Considering getting either PS4 pro or PS4 slim as replacement, what are the pros & cons of each?   Is PS4 pro better simply on "future-proofing" to a small extent? I also intend on transferring my old HDD & games to new console, how much of a hassle is that?  

BDaddyK    1105

I'd definitely get a Pro, it's kinda like future prettying, what's it only $100 more than a slim? The big games coming out will all have Pro patch improvements too, COD, Destiny 2. 

• Like 1

Duke大王    883

Voting for Pro; if you have the money there really isn't a reason why you shouldn't get it over the slim. No idea on hard drive transfers though.

BDaddyK    1105

You should be able to just take the current drive outta the "busted" PS4 and swap it into the new one that you get

Cbaoth    657
14 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

You should be able to just take the current drive outta the "busted" PS4 and swap it into the new one that you get

Will it reformat it automatically?  I have a few things on it (Fallout 4 + all DLC, God Wars, Resogun, & a few others I can't remember ATM).  Not worried about save-data, I can simply upload that to the cloud or to a USB & then transfer it back.  

Cbaoth    657
Just now, Chuckles said:

Get an Xbox.

Have it, pretty much a dust collector... in fairness though it's not as much of a dust collector as my Nintendo system.  

MadWik    2123
1 hour ago, Cbaoth said:

Will it reformat it automatically?  I have a few things on it (Fallout 4 + all DLC, God Wars, Resogun, & a few others I can't remember ATM).  Not worried about save-data, I can simply upload that to the cloud or to a USB & then transfer it back.  

Get a 1TB external drive and transfer all your saved data to it. Then plug it into you new PS4 and leave it as an external drive. That way your gaming data is always available to you in case your PS4 bites the dust.

• Thanks 1

LilUbo    4496

That reminds me... I ordered a 2 TB external HDD... Wtf is it???

BDaddyK    1105
2 hours ago, LilUbo said:

That reminds me... I ordered a 2 TB external HDD... Wtf is it???

Nice. You'll see a nice speed boost in loading games. 

2 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

Nice. You'll see a nice speed boost in loading games. 

I never tested this on PS4 does it work the same way as Xbox where the USB drives are faster than the internal hard drive?

• Like 1

Also if you use you PS4 a lot @Cbaoth I would go with the pro. Since I didn't plan on using my PS4 much I went with a slim. I can definitely see the value in getting a pro though if you use it a lot. 

• Like 2

BDaddyK    1105
1 minute ago, CaptainToay43 said:

I never tested this on PS4 does it work the same way as Xbox where the USB drives are faster than the internal hard drive?

If the internal bus is the same as the XB1 you sure will

10 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

If the internal bus is the same as the XB1 you sure will

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I have no knowledge on how the PS4 is built though or what bus it used. 

Chuckles    920
16 hours ago, Cbaoth said:

Have it, pretty much a dust collector... in fairness though it's not as much of a dust collector as my Nintendo system.  

Heresy!

ninjabjj    1286
1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

I would certainly think so. 

Are you getting it on PS or Xbox? 

Chuckles    920
On 7/21/2017 at 6:09 PM, BDaddyK said:

It'd be on XB, as I have no PS4

^^^^^ A true patriot.

• Like 1

ninjabjj    1286

LOL maybe this is the game then that will bring me out of hiding and reacquaint myself with my Xbox buddies. ;)

BDaddyK    1105
7 hours ago, ninjabjj said:

LOL maybe this is the game then that will bring me out of hiding and reacquaint myself with my Xbox buddies. ;)

I'll believe it when I see it...

• Like 2

Calvin    988

PS4 PRO of course it's where Horizons Zero Dawn shines brightest and it's the game you need to play if you haven't already (along with all the other great titles many of which are better on the Pro!) 

Cheer
Calv1n

• Like 2

zelq    105
8 hours ago, Cbaoth said:

Thanks folks, PS4 Pro in da house.  

that's what I ended up with too :) is your optical drive obnoxiously loud?

• Like 1