Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Hugo J Stiglitz

Hugo's Destiny 2 Promotional Code Giveaway Extravaganza!

Ladies and gents,

As some of you may already know, Pop-Tarts and Rockstar Energy have upcoming promotions that tie in with Destiny 2's launch. Buying a specially marked product and following the instructions given will get you a boost in Destiny 2. The possible rewards are as follows:

• Rockstar - A redeemable code that unlocks a free loot engram redeemable in-game (up to 3 codes can be redeemed per week). It is not currently known what rarity this engram will be. We'll have to wait until 9/6 to find out!
  • Pop-Tarts - A redeemable code that unlocks a "Mote of Light XP Boost" that grants your current CHARACTER (not account) a 4 hour 25% XP boost. The boost will be found in the Postmaster once you have access to it.

To celebrate D2's release, I will be giving out 1 free loot/boost code per week for an undetermined amount of time. In other words while supplies last/once I run out. The type of code (Rockstar/Pop-tarts) will be at my discretion and based on availability.

To participate in the giveaway, simply post a reply telling me what your most memorable moment from Destiny 1 was, and what you are most looking forward to in Destiny 2. It can be very brief or ridiculously detailed. The participants' names will be run through the RNG based "wheel of decision" every Friday and the winner will receive the code through PM, with an accompanying announcement post in this thread. There is no deadline on entry, I will keep a database of participants as the contest progresses. This contest is only for TAG members in good standing.

THE LAST WORD: Winners will temporarily be removed from the "loot pool" for the following 2 drawings to ensure others have a fair chance at winning.

That's it! Let's build this hype train! 

• Thanks 1

dre    225

Ubo getting a cock to the face in Taken King. Scotty can have my code if I win because I won't be buying destiny 2, and Scotty is always taking my spot.

• Haha 1

LilUbo    4504

lu

13 minutes ago, dre said:

Ubo getting a cock to the face in Taken King. Scotty can have my code if I win because I won't be buying destiny 2, and Scotty is always taking my spot.

There is no evidence of this EVER happening! And if there is, it is a @BiggBearproduction!!!!!

LilUbo    4504
11 hours ago, Hugo J Stiglitz said:

So we've got 1 legitimate entry so far.... hmm

I thought that was my entry.....

11 hours ago, thebigjay19 said:

Playing the beta and realizing it's not for me. That said, I'm interested in D2.

Which beta? PC beta makes me nauseous. 

LilUbo    4504
4 minutes ago, Hugo J Stiglitz said:

I don't see anything about your most memorable moment in D1, home slice :p

@dre slander included me! His entry is mine!

Fine! Most memorable? Too many to list...

First nightfall with @SithWarrior and @Calvin and getting the Truth. I still have it in the vault.

First Gjallerhorn off Atheon... ICebreaker out of the first crota chest...

First Crota kill with @pickle and @scotty918

First Skolas kill with Sith and Scotty.... 5 hours that never happened and we won't talk about how gay thing got in that arena that night...

should i continue?

BUT NO PISTON DICKS TO THE FACE! I DON'T REMEMBER THAT SHIT AT ALL!

• Like 1

thebigjay19    200
4 hours ago, LilUbo said:

I thought that was my entry.....

Which beta? PC beta makes me nauseous. 

Played the Xbox beta of D1. It was fun tooling around with it. I liked the shooting but not the looting. That was my favorite moment from D1, shooting bad guys. Was not my style of game though. D2 looks to be better from the early reports.

hybridhavoc    727
36 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

Played the Xbox beta of D1. It was fun tooling around with it. I liked the shooting but not the looting. That was my favorite moment from D1, shooting bad guys. Was not my style of game though. D2 looks to be better from the early reports.

Gameplay-wise D2 should be much of the same.  I think the big hope at this point is that they follow through with promises on the amount of content.  I personally would like to see them do more in multiplayer, providing for more game modes, more maps, and more granular control in custom games.  Multiplayer is why I play shooters, and Destiny had / has some of the best shooting mechanics in the industry.

• Like 1

BDaddyK    1133
2 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

Gameplay-wise D2 should be much of the same.  I think the big hope at this point is that they follow through with promises on the amount of content.  I personally would like to see them do more in multiplayer, providing for more game modes, more maps, and more granular control in custom games.  Multiplayer is why I play shooters, and Destiny had / has some of the best shooting mechanics in the industry.

I just couldn't get into the PvP in Destiny, something just felt "off" about it. I loved the PvE, before it got super repetitive. If they can offer better variety sooner I'd be able to stick with D2. I dug what I played of the beta. 

DukeDesu    898

Oddly enough I can top the scoreboards in Destiny PvP without BIS weapons but I need a miracle to do it in Halo 5...

Bigbulletdome    186

Most memorable moment was probably being carried through a weekly early on at like level 20 with a k/d of 2/19 by a few friends and being rewarded with the gjallarhorn.  Looking forward to staying favorable with RNG in D2.

Kriv    216

As a non raider, a buddy said "hey, come check this out with us.  We can carry you np" 

He shows me down this hole in a cave to a chest.  He says, "need that damn rocket launcher from this chest". 

I loot a Gjallerhorn...... 

• Like 1

The winner for this week's drawing was Kriv! He got a 25% XP boost for 4 hours. Check your PMs, Kriv.

Next week I'll be giving out another XP boost. If we can get 5 more people to participate by 9/8, I will do a second spin and give out an additional code from the Rockstar promotion that grants a free engram.

EDIT: Slight change of plans. The next giveaway will be coming early, 9/5 to be precise! Just in time for launch. Another drawing will be held on 9/8 for another XP boost code.

• Thanks 1

LilUbo    4504
15 minutes ago, Hugo J Stiglitz said:

The winner for this week's drawing was Kriv! He got a 25% XP boost for 4 hours. Check your PMs, Kriv.

Next week I'll be giving out another XP boost. If we can get 5 more people to participate by 9/8, I will do a second spin and give out an additional code from the Rockstar promotion that grants a free engram.

EDIT: Slight change of plans. The next giveaway will be coming early, 9/5 to be precise! Just in time for launch. Another drawing will be held on 9/8 for another XP boost code.

I call shenanigans! :p haha

Kellogg's has announced that there is a delay in processing XP boost codes. I have yet to receive my next batch of codes from Saturday, so unfortunately I will be unable to provide one until I get it. Hopefully tomorrow! Rest assured, as soon as the codes come my way, one of them will be reserved for one of you guys! Good luck!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.