Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Toni

Any good TV recommendations?

It's about time for me to upgrade the TV. I am lookin for a 65" 4K HDR. There are a lot on the market but I know few are reliable and meet expectations. Anyone have something similar they can recommend or have heard of anything. I would like to try and keep it at or under $2k.

Is this TV used for gaming?  Is it used as a PC monitor?  Or purely for media consumption?  If just media consumption, which if more important to you: television shows, movies, or sports?

On 9/14/2017 at 5:00 AM, hybridhavoc said:

Is this TV used for gaming?  Is it used as a PC monitor?  Or purely for media consumption?  If just media consumption, which if more important to you: television shows, movies, or sports?

We don't watch much TV. Maybe a Netflix show every few days. It's mostly used for gaming.

@Toni you can check out the Sony X900E (see a review here), 65" is currently $1,998 on Amazon.

• It's an LED with reportedly deep blacks, and good brightness and input lag around 34ms in gaming mode, even at 4k HDR 60Hz (while in gaming mode)
  • Uses Android TV for smart features
  • Not great sound quality
  • Picture quality reportedly deteriorates at angles, for what that's worth

Alternatively, check out the Sony X850E (see a review here).  65" is currently $1,598 on Amazon.

• Much the same as the above, only the picture doesn't get quite as bright

Yeah go with the RTINGS reviews. I was eyeing that SONY myself but gonna wait longer.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:18 AM, hybridhavoc said:

@Toni you can check out the Sony X900E (see a review here), 65" is currently $1,998 on Amazon.

• It's an LED with reportedly deep blacks, and good brightness and input lag around 34ms in gaming mode, even at 4k HDR 60Hz (while in gaming mode)
  • Uses Android TV for smart features
  • Not great sound quality
  • Picture quality reportedly deteriorates at angles, for what that's worth

Alternatively, check out the Sony X850E (see a review here).  65" is currently $1,598 on Amazon.

• Much the same as the above, only the picture doesn't get quite as bright

A little late on the response here but thank you! I did a lot of research and decided to go with this TV. Picked up a sound bar to go along with it. Really enjoying it so far after a month of use!

• Like 2

On 12/3/2017 at 10:19 AM, Toni said:

A little late on the response here but thank you! I did a lot of research and decided to go with this TV. Picked up a sound bar to go along with it. Really enjoying it so far after a month of use!

Awesome, glad I could be of some help.

• Thanks 1