Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Lobstah

PSA: Do NOT buy Astro gaming headsets

I haven't been around TAG very much recently but I felt compelled to come and warn fellow gamers to stay away from Astro gaming headsets. 

I purchased a set of a50's for $300 about 18 months ago, they have probably 30hrs of use. They no longer turn on nor charge. I contacted their customer service to see if they would repair them. I never expected any kind of warranty to cover them being 18 no the old, I simply wanted to pay them to repair them. I was told that since they are out of warranty I was to throw them out and buy a new set and they would not fix them no matter what I was willing to pay. That is horrible service and I will never touch any of their products again.

Here I copied and pasted two of their reaponses-

"Unfortunately the unit is out of warranty and we were not able to get the problem resolved via troubleshooting. Due to the issue, it is irreparable.

If your headset is completely dead, you may have to leave it charging for a few hours before the charging indicator turns on. Connect your headset into a cell phone wall charger for at least 2 hours and see if it turns on. 

If it does not, you will need to purchase a new headset"

"As you may know, we were recently acquired by Logitech. In this time some of our policies and procedures have changed. We are no longer able to accept shipments from customers to be evaluated, repaired, or replaced no matter how much the customer is willing to pay.

I have attached a photo of the battery along with its specs. You may be able to go to a local repair shop and see if they can replace the battery for you. "

• Confused 1

Yeah I think unfortunately we live in a disposable screw the environment electronic age. Especially low end consumer stuff.

• Sad 1

My go to recommendation is Hyper X Cloud Revolver. Unless you ABSOLUTELY believe you can get 5.1/7.1 out of a headset than by all means spend the extra money but when it is all said and done you have 2 ears and 1 speaker on each when you are using a headset so it is all in the software. If you want 5.1/7.1/ATMOS/ETC than you need a real AVR setup.

• Like 3