Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Sign in to follow this  
Hoptimus

Official TAG Reddit

23 hours ago, Dr Superb said:

why?  just another thing to take away from the fourms.

You mean our entirely dead forums?

19 minutes ago, romanodog said:

You guys are using the forms for one single thread, just get on discord... it's the same thing.

i have no problem w/ discord at this point....but why reddit now?

13 hours ago, Dr Superb said:

i have no problem w/ discord at this point....but why reddit now?

Not that my opinion should matter at this point, but I agree. Why have multiple places to discuss the same topics? It just fragments the brand. Just like I always said about Slack and now Discord. I get that you don't want to use the forum anymore and that is fine.

You need one place to have the discussions and a landing page to direct people to the right place for those discussions. If you have proper SEO, people will find the site if there really is a demand.

I get the appeal for Reddit. I check subreddits that I'm interested in everyday, but there is no sense of community there and no accountability.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, no1hustler said:

I get the appeal for Reddit. I check subreddits that I'm interested in everyday, but there is no sense of community there and no accountability.

I do agree with that, and I've not been happy that reddit has taken the place of many forums. Like 4chan, it is the definition of Mob Rule and seems every year the outrage levels and vigilantism of its more dedicated userbase becomes more ridiculous. 

That, and every year the top posts in every subreddit become more stupid. 

I think Discord and a simple website that explains our brand is fine at this point. You can't make everyone happy, and as I understand it, the desire for having a website PLUS Discord PLUS Subreddit is to appease those who don't like the fact Discord conversations move so fast, but if our forums are dead, maintaining a subreddit will only shift the deathly silence from our official forums to our subreddit. 

Now, if we could still point our domain to a subreddit and use that as a homepage that would be different. But we can't, so I do agree with Hustler on this. Let's not split the brand. Keep it simple. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 11:31 AM, Duke said:

but if our forums are dead, maintaining a subreddit will only shift the deathly silence from our official forums to our subreddit. 

With the key difference that the subreddit costs us nothing.  I would actually be fine with getting rid of the forums, the subreddit, the facebook grups and page, everything with the exception of the Discord and a simple page to point the domain at, educate visitors on who we are, and link to the Discord.  But no one person gets to pick the direction.

2 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

With the key difference that the subreddit costs us nothing.  I would actually be fine with getting rid of the forums, the subreddit, the facebook grups and page, everything with the exception of the Discord and a simple page to point the domain at, educate visitors on who we are, and link to the Discord.  But no one person gets to pick the direction.

It costs us nothing, but it looks even more dead than our actual forums, and therefore makes us look deader-er. We have thousands of registered members on these forums. We have (last I checked) 34 subscribers on the subbreddit. And we can’t point a domain to it, so we then have yet another different location not directly attached to a domain for discussions. So, for someone to be fully connected to everyone in the community, they’d have to check out multiple locations, including the main website particularly if they are new, and that is a lot of work.  

And yeah, of course no one person makes the call. That’s why we’re having this discussion! I’m just chiming in, providing my personal opinion, as is Hustler.

Going forward, it would probably makes the most sense to have a WWW landing page with our group info, about, etc, and then the Discord info.

The forums are basically only last post wins, and that really is no different than a chat room, which is what Discord it.

Diversifying on multiple social media and platforms is fine providing we have a strong home base. We don’t want to segregate the members into numerous slices of platforms similar to having too many big games splitting us all up. 

It seems simple yet complex knowing some require funds, some are free but do not have the resources to give us a ‘strong home base’.