Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Sign in to follow this  
faustus

PUBG

Just bought PUBG. Only logged anoit 5 matches but would love to play with some experienced players to give me some tips and show me the ropes and play in a squad.

Please add me: Faustus

Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, faustus said:

Just bought PUBG. Only logged anoit 5 matches but would love to play with some experienced players to give me some tips and show me the ropes and play in a squad.

Please add me: Faustus

Thanks

Pretty sure you're on my friends list on Xbox.  Are you playing on Xbox or on PC?  I'm not experienced myself, also having only gotten in around 5 games so far.  It's definitely more fun with friends though.  If you see me on, feel free to shoot me a party invite or hop into a party if I'm in one already.

i played this today for the first time and i thought it was horrible, i can't believe i bought it.  the game is slow as molasses.  is it just me?  fortnite is just way more fluid, though i hate the building aspect so i figured i would like PUBG more...

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, Dr Superb said:

i played this today for the first time and i thought it was horrible, i can't believe i bought it.  the game is slow as molasses.  is it just me?  fortnite is just way more fluid, though i hate the building aspect so i figured i would like PUBG more...

I don't think the game plays any slower or faster than fortnite honestly.  The game is certainly buggier, but that will just take time.  To me this game has a much greater emotional impact than fortnite ever did, and that translates into a more exhilerating gameplay.  That's of course going to be different for everybody.

10 minutes ago, faustus said:

Just seen this guys. Please add me. Would love to join you. 

Faustus

I have you friended on xbox live.  Tried shooting you an invite the other day.  If you see us partied up and playing, feel free to join the party.

On 12/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, Dr Superb said:

I feel the same way DrSuperb. It seems they went out of their way to make things difficult or complicated. For instance, the guns start unloaded and single shot. Why? Why HOLD X to reload? Can't it be just a press? The adding attachments is slow and cumbersome as is the whole inventory system. What is the point of having 4000 equippable items with such a crappy system?  It takes too long to do anything. The game map is also way too large for my tastes. It doesn't lead to any tension. Having no kill cam or way to watch after you die is awful. It's not fun as a console game. I'm glad my son bought it and not me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebigjay19 said:

I feel the same way DrSuperb. It seems they went out of their way to make things difficult or complicated. For instance, the guns start unloaded and single shot. Why? Why HOLD X to reload? Can't it be just a press? The adding attachments is slow and cumbersome as is the whole inventory system. What is the point of having 4000 equippable items with such a crappy system?  It takes too long to do anything. The game map is also way too large for my tastes. It doesn't lead to any tension. Having no kill cam or way to watch after you die is awful. It's not fun as a console game. I'm glad my son bought it and not me.

Some good points here.  I think that more thought could have been put into the port to consoles.  The conversion of the UI from PC to console does feel lazy in many places.  I can see why they might have chosen to do HOLD X for reload, since you also use X to interact with items, but they could have had a single press of X do reloads when you aren't looking at an item.  That may have actually lead to more confusion though.

The inventory system in general is kind of cumbersome.  I feel like if you pick up a weapon mod and have a weapon it could apply to with an open slot for that mod, it should auto-equip the mod.  Much in the same way it does for clothing and other gear.  One thing I've started doing is, rather than just looking at items and hitting X to put them into my inventory, I get near the item(s) and pull up my inventory immediately and do everything from there.  Allows me to go directly from floor to attached for mods.  Also removes some of the hassle of getting the reticule directly over the specific item.

I personally disagree with the game map.  At least half of the tension for this game, for me, is not knowing when I'm going to come across another player.  A smaller map would make this more likely and remove a lot of that tension for me.  And if I decide that I want to just go straight into action for a round, I can drop in a location that I know a lot of people will be at.  A kill cam would be a nice to have, but not a must-have.  And outside of spectating your teammates, I'm not sure why I would want to continue watching once I died.

This game absolutely is not for everyone.  I do think that, given that it's in Game Preview, they should have offered some kind of demo.  I actually think that should be the case for all Game Preview games, since they're all works in progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From my few limited reps, so far the gunplay is just gawd-awful horrible. (This morning i made it to the end of the round,  me and the other guy stood on opposite sides of a tree for over a minute shooting at each other). 

But i like that you can just jump right into a game and play, and as soon as you're dead you can go again.   Seems like it's intended to be quick mindless fun,  and i think it accomplishes that.

23 hours ago, thebigjay19 said:

can't believe i paid for this lazy port from a PC game.  You can even tell that the graphics are dumbed down to make it run on xbox.  the game even looks like a 360 game.  the movement is slow as hell.  Its very difficult to pick up gear from the ground without being 100% precisely on it with the tiny cursor.  It's equally difficult to open and close doors, and hell, even walk through them without hitting the side due to all the lag.  (this isn't a network connection issue).  You pick up a weapon and the gun isn't loaded?  why are they trying to reinvent the shooter game?  the inventory menu is an absolute disaster!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 10:01 AM, Dr Superb said:

can't believe i paid for this lazy port from a PC game.  You can even tell that the graphics are dumbed down to make it run on xbox.  the game even looks like a 360 game.  the movement is slow as hell.  Its very difficult to pick up gear from the ground without being 100% precisely on it with the tiny cursor.  It's equally difficult to open and close doors, and hell, even walk through them without hitting the side due to all the lag.  (this isn't a network connection issue).  You pick up a weapon and the gun isn't loaded?  why are they trying to reinvent the shooter game?  the inventory menu is an absolute disaster!

I’ve only played for a few games all spaced out by significant time due to workl. But what i’ve noticed is that they are constantly updating the game. Still very disappointing presentation and tough centrols but the thrill of the hunt and being hunted and squad play make up for all it’s negatives, I think that Xbox is hearing us and constantly pushing updates through, 

On 1/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, Locowhodat430 said:

I’ve only played for a few games all spaced out by significant time due to workl. But what i’ve noticed is that they are constantly updating the game. Still very disappointing presentation and tough centrols but the thrill of the hunt and being hunted and squad play make up for all it’s negatives, I think that Xbox is hearing us and constantly pushing updates through, 

After this last update, the game is much improved.  The addition of aim acceleration option, the new controller preset option, getting the pistol off of the Y-button rotation, and the general improvements in rubberbanding and game crashes.  5 updates in already.

• Like 2

Fortnite is still a billion times better.  i still can't pick up weapons / open doors.  literally takes at least 15 seconds.  Also, why are these items so hidden on the floor?  perhaps its because i am color blind, but in fortnite you can see the items glowing by their rarity color.

11 minutes ago, Dr Superb said:

i still can't pick up weapons / open doors.  literally takes at least 15 seconds. 

Are you turning off your controller after every interaction?

1 hour ago, Dr Superb said:

i still can't pick up weapons / open doors.  literally takes at least 15 seconds.

It doesn't take 15 seconds.  The only way I can feasibly see it taking 15 seconds is if you are disconnecting your controller after every interaction.  So I asked if that is what you are doing.

1 minute ago, hybridhavoc said:

It doesn't take 15 seconds.  The only way I can feasibly see it taking 15 seconds is if you are disconnecting your controller after every interaction.  So I asked if that is what you are doing.

i'm hitting X just like anyone else would

8 minutes ago, Dr Superb said:

i'm hitting X just like anyone else would

Then it doesn't literally take 15 seconds, unless you are referring to a 15 second timespan in which you opened a door and picked up some items.

http://xboxclips.com/HYBR1D+HAV0C/d99b1fa1-99c3-4b9d-be67-052f87e1f3cb

Here is a clip in which I open doors and pick up items, among other things.  I use both the "look at item and hit X" technique and the "inventory pickup vicinity" technique.  Also worth mentioning that this clip was taken prior to the most recent update, which has further reduced the rubberbanding effect seen at the start of the game in this clip.

36 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

Then it doesn't literally take 15 seconds, unless you are referring to a 15 second timespan in which you opened a door and picked up some items.

http://xboxclips.com/HYBR1D+HAV0C/d99b1fa1-99c3-4b9d-be67-052f87e1f3cb

Here is a clip in which I open doors and pick up items, among other things.  I use both the "look at item and hit X" technique and the "inventory pickup vicinity" technique.  Also worth mentioning that this clip was taken prior to the most recent update, which has further reduced the rubberbanding effect seen at the start of the game in this clip.

what i am saying is when i see "X to Interact" i hit X and nothing happens.  i have to hit it like 15 times for any action to happen.