Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House

RCOD Signup Sheet

Wow...

Can I have all your games? :s1003:

Edit: That does suck, by the way. I didn't mean to downplay your experience. It's kind of shitty that Micro$oft has their thumbs up their ass when it comes to acknowledging that they seem to have a reliability issue. Maybe something will work itself out.

Add me to the list. Last night when I went to put in Halo 2 for the TTL challenge, I got that checkerboard screen....and I knew it was coming. Sure enough, when I tried to turn it back on - RCOD.

But M$ was actually pretty helpful. Maybe it's because I paid for a 2-yr warranty (which my records indicate in March 08, but the guy told me ended in Dec 08), but he said I'd be getting a box in 3-4 business days and should have a total turnaround time of 8-10 business days. Knowing that's not the case, I asked for a new system instead of a repaired one, but I guess I'll see what I get.

Hopefully I won't have to pay for a new warranty, but since my launch box has lasted 1 1/2 years I can't complain too much....

I just hope I don't miss the entire Halo 3 beta. I did have Wed & Thurs off so I can play all day.

I dont post here much but for those who care ive had 1 die on me , a guy i work with is on his fourth one. if it was any other company other than microsoft there would already have been a massive consumer lawsuit, money talks

Add me to the list... I guess after Mayhem I am now # 79?

Mine froze one night watching a DVD. It has frozen every now and again when I woudl play games and a quick power down and power on would work fine for days or weeks.

This time on the second or third freeze I got RCOD!

Amazingly, I turned it off and did somethign for a few minutes and when I turned it on again... it worked fine and we finished the movie for 2 full hours.

It only took till playing a game a night or two later and 'freeze, power off. power on, and RCOD AGAIN'.... This time it never fully recovered. A few times it would go green, but would freeze when the XBOX logo flashed up.

Now it is RCOD ALL THE TIME....

Make me # 80 !!!

Mine died on me last thursday, and I overnighted it myself to cut down on the repair time. I'm like Mayhem I hope I don't miss to much of the Halo 3 beta. Heck even Forza comes out next week, so I hope to get it back soon.

This sucks. stupid red lights.

This is my second one to go bad on me.

I just had ANOTHER ONE FRY ON ME!!!!!

How many is that for you Frost?

Wait, I know the answer....TOO FUCKING MANY!!!!!

ARRGGHHHHH!!!!!

ohh well its my first RCOD..... I was the first one at TAG to have xbox 360 problems... my first on on launch had problems that night and this is the one that replaced that one the day after (no RCOD on the launch one just keep freezing)

my warranty is out on it.... so fuck it... I am going to get a core and just add my hdd...I will be back up and running today.

put stowner down for 1.... just got it when i got back from san fran.... luckily i won that MLB 2K7 qualifier and Budweiser shipped me a new 360 wich was on my front door when i got back from san fran.... talk about good timing! :s1122:

I know this thread is ancient, but I was hoping we could get an update on the total number of failures from folks.

I have had failure number two. I am waiting on the third XBox to get back to me. I am using a "spare" until the old one gets back.

Hi guys... haven't posted in quite a while, mainly because I HAVEN'T HAD AN XBOX TO PLAY FOR THE PAST MONTH #@$%!#$^^....

Add me to the list :D

Hopefully I'll have a functioning unit by the time Halo 3 comes out and I'll see you guys on line.

lost my launch box about a month and a half ago, the fixed box is going to arrive today....just in time for H3 problem is I will not be home when UPS brings it by and they said someone had to be home to sign for it....this happen to anyone else??

This might be a stupid question, but here goes:

When you send your xbox off to be repaired, is your warranty still from the date of original purchase, or do you get a new warranty when Microsoft repairs the xbox?