Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
BGH228

Rate the last movie you watched.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 10/10. I really thought I knew what to expect going into this, but it was so much funnier and more clever than I figured it would be. And my kids LOVED it, despite the kissy-poo-poo stuff. :P

Totally agree with you there. I was also pleasantly surprised. (And I loved the kissy-poo-poo stuff)

The Descent Part 2- 6.5/10

I have a kind of love/hate thing with this series. I was a huge fan of the original movie, in fact it's among one of my favorite horror movies, but hated the alternate ending that was thrown on for the american release. the original ending was one of the best out there...I also found it laughable to find out the reason for changing the ending for American audiences was because the film studio thought it was too depressing of a way to end the film....

The sequel picks up where the alternate ending starts, and while the films has its few moments, it is very lacking when compared to the first film. It's available to watch instantly with Netflix, just don't get your hopes too high if you liked the first one.

Prestige 8/10

Staring Hugh Jackman,Christian Bale,Michael Caine, and Piper Perabo.

2 magicians that were friends become rivals after a magic trick goes tragicly wrong. Take place sometime in the late 1800's i think.

Edit: that wasnt the last movie i watched.......it was Elmo in Grouchland about 500 times with my little girl.....this is what i would like to do too Elmo right now :s1293: ..... :s1158:

Elmo in Grouchland is one of the worst things I've ever had to watch with my kids. I'd rather watch Lazytown.

Green Hornet: 8/10. It had it's serious moments and it's funny moments. The combat scenes were pretty interesting in how they were done. It was funny to see the "Jew Hunter" from Inglorious Basterds playing the villain role once more. Although, IMHO, he wasn't nearly as remarkable in this film. Overall, good movie

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRGh8OpGA1aNfSBCFxw8ufhoRVSoF9Rdm9KAu5jfldDRFWK7HQ0g

Pretty sweet flick... A bit off on the storyline (jumps around a bit) but still a good time...

As far as DC animated flicks go it is in the top 3 for sure...

7.5/10

Only better are Green Lantern First Flight and the Best DC animated flick Batman Under The Red Hood...

Man I haven't posted in this thread in forever... The list is to big to go through them all...

The American. Trying real hard to be "foreign." Just turned out a bit boring, uninteresting, and Clooney. Ending was a total, "Wait, what?"

6/10 for scenery (Italy) alone.

127 Hours 8/10. Started off kind of strange but I ended up really liking it when it was over. Also watched Conviction 7/10, wasn't as good as the trailer led to believe but I still thought it was pretty good.

Breakin' and Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo As movies 1/10... Worst movies EVER.

As a drinking game 10/10. Get you drunk off your ass in a heartbeat.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwOXb9RLKAKnvbzFLMOQ4peVros7DDEJzILlJTh6VQBLYrhbSJ&t=1

10/10

I only teared up 6 times and outright cried 4... It doesn't make me a puzzy... I just realized that I am a lot more in touch with my feminine side... Don't get me wrong, I love shooting guns, racing cars, eating meat and having a beard... But this flick was amazing...

Wish I watched this in the theater... Oh Disney and your ability to make grown men bawl... Damn you...

And now to counter act the cry baby in me... Going to watch "I Spit On Your Grave"...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZYTbVySI59JGXaXgOOaqvr7RFfUxfJT7LBFQFIPBENGdV5YBc

7.5 / 10

The gory slasher type of film... Hmmm... Well for what it's worth, they did make a pretty messed up flick... If your down with some gore and violence... It's for you...

Didn't quite counter act the cry baby in me after watching the Disney flick Secretariat... But it did almost make me puke...

If you haven't heard of the movie... Chick gets raped and tortured by some dudes and she dishes out some vengeance in a similar way...

Messed but pretty decent for it's type of film...

I feel dirty...

I really have no interest in seeing the new 'I Spit on your Grave', as I have such a distaste for needless remakes. I have had the special edition of the original film from '78 on dvd for a few years now. I really can't comment on the remake above, but the original film is a very difficult one to watch, but it is a good movie.

I had also met Camille Keaton, the girl that starred in the original version a few years ago at a horror convention. Really interesting hearing her take on the film, and behind the scenes stories from on the set.

Also, for those that know who Joe Bob Briggs is (any horror fan should know him), he has an absolute top notch commentary that appears on the original dvd.....Sorry to go on such a tangent over this film, it's just one of my more memorable films from the years past in the horror genre.

Paul - 6/10. Doesn't come close to the genius of Hot Fuzz (8/10) or Shaun of the Dead (9/10), but I liked the references. Good actors in it, I just never understood the tone of the movie. Sometimes it was slapstick, other times heartfelt and it was mostly an adventure.

I'll still go see anything Simon Pegg or Nick Frost are in.

Ong Bak 3...5/10...not as good as the 2nd,and has no comparison to the 1st Ong Bak aka "The Protector" as its called here in the States...

Also watched Yogi Bear with my daughter...1/10...prob one of the worst movies ever made...