Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
BGH228

Rate the last movie you watched.

Transformers AOE only gets a 5/10 from me... Waaaaay to long and the Mina actors should have died a good half dozen times...

I'm glad they are working toward a Unicron story line but Jesus... Don't really want to get to deep into it... But it's was a decent popcorn flick... Yup... We'll leave it at that...

Transcendence 10/10 because I've been calling it for years and this is how I see it going down... AI will take over, it's just a matter of time...

All hail our future AI controlled zombies overlords...

Spaceballs. Still a 10/10. Watched it with my daughter and she loved it too.

• Like 4

I'm glad they are working toward a Unicron story line but Jesus... Don't really want to get to deep into it... But it's was a decent popcorn flick... Yup... We'll leave it at that...

The 80's animated movie did the entire Unicron story line in 84 minutes. Michael Bay makes bad movies.

• Like 4

The Possession (Netflix) : 6/10. Poor man's Exorcist, 

Jeffrey Dean Morgan s not a great dramatic moments actor, his role as Denny Duquette in a Grey's anatomy plot arc not withstanding.

Edge of Tomorrow:  9/10  We loved this movie!  Great balance between drama, humor, action and adventure, great character development, even the lesser characters.

War of The Arrows (8/10)

Someone on one of archery forums I lurk recommend this for the traditional archery ties but it turned out to be a really solid action flick regardless.

It's on Netflix so no harm no foul if you want to give it a short and like asian cinema. 

War of the Arrows (Hangul최종병기 활RRChoejongbyeonggi Hwal) is a 2011 South Korean period action filmstarring Park Hae-ilRyu Seung-ryong and Moon Chae-won. Set after the Second Manchu invasion of Korea, the film is about an archer who risks his life to save his sister from slavery under Prince Dorgon's rule.[1][2]

Don't read the Youtube comments. There's spoilers a plenty in there.

Also I have say this: as an animal lover there are a couple of scenes at the beginning involving attack dogs I found a little uncomfortable. Obviously it's just a movie but thats just me. You've been warned.

Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-posters.j

Awesome flick...

Great emotional acting from all involved and huge props to Andy Serkis who reprises his role as Ceaser from the first 2011 remake... 

CG was spectacular and the action sequences were spot on...

A perfect sequel as far as I am concerned. Hats off to director Matt Reeves... Well done sir, well done...

Sooooo take your family and enjoy what might be the flick of the year...

10/10 

Oh and if you want a TLDR exp... Head over to the Reviews section for my first attempt at a TAG review...

• Like 1

Transformers 4 - 3/10. Long for no fucking reason and the special effects just give up halfway through the film. The characters are dumb and the donors are in the movie for ten minutes. Fuck Michael bay

The last 3 I saw in theater

Transformers 4 - 6/10  not great, but for a summer "bay" movie the norm it seems. Big robots smashing stuff up real good, my nephews drag me to these every summer and I just turn off my mind and try to enjoy. Worse ways you could spend 2 hours

Planet of the apes 7/10 - Not bad just not great I found it pretty boring in many places, straight forward, no shocks, no surprises it's just standard fair really, my nephews drug me to this one as well and it was marginally more entertaining them Transformers although both are CG fest action driven with very little thinking required or needed from the actors or those of us viewing the films

Edge of Tomorrow - 9/10 - Groundhogs day meets star ship troopers! Great film, Smart sci fi, well acted and some great humour to spice it up as well. This is easily the best movie in theatres right now IMO.

Sharknado (by it self 0/10) but i saw the rifftrax* version that bumps it up to a 5/10

seriously it is a really bad movie. like there is bad sci fi movies and then there is sharknado. it was like a 5 year old edited it together. but the rifftrax guys made it so much better to watch.

*rifftrax is the guys from Mystery science theater. if you never saw it its a group of guys that pretty much make fun of the movie and such while you watch it. rifftrax.com

The-Purge-banner.jpg

I was hoping for so much more...

Was pretty terrible considering the awesome plot they had to work with...

Wouldn't recommend seeing this in the theatre...  Wait for rental or netflix styles...

2/10

2 quick chick flick picks...

tammy_ver5.jpg   

Tammy 1/10

Not worth a theatre viewing... Or at all...

McCarthy tries way to hard to be the female Chris Farley and fails... Her previous film co starring Sandra Bullock "The Heat" was so much better but her style of shock comedy based on a foul mouth has already ran dry...

lucy_2014.jpg

Lucy 8/10

Amazing flick, visually beautiful and at times thought provoking... Great popcorn flick and has just the right amount of action to keep you entertained...

Definitely worth seeing in the cinema environment...   

War of The Arrows (8/10)

Someone on one of archery forums I lurk recommend this for the traditional archery ties but it turned out to be a really solid action flick regardless.

It's on Netflix so no harm no foul if you want to give it a short and like asian cinema. 

War of the Arrows (Hangul최종병기 활RRChoejongbyeonggi Hwal) is a 2011 South Korean period action filmstarring Park Hae-ilRyu Seung-ryong and Moon Chae-won. Set after the Second Manchu invasion of Korea, the film is about an archer who risks his life to save his sister from slavery under Prince Dorgon's rule.[1][2]

http://youtu.be/XDyIjb272kU

Don't read the Youtube comments. There's spoilers a plenty in there.

Also I have say this: as an animal lover there are a couple of scenes at the beginning involving attack dogs I found a little uncomfortable. Obviously it's just a movie but thats just me. You've been warned.

Saw this also, awesome flick indeed...

large_4skuaPDDrnA7SRzDIfUipQ2AWbL.jpg

This should be good, starring Michael Fassbender, Penélope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, and Brad Pitt.........but wait, you haven't ever heard of this movie???

It is absolutely terrible.  We saw it on HBO on demand and fired it up.  15 minutes into it, off it went.  The first scene is Penelope Cruz having a dude take care of her and it was still terrible.  

No stars for you!!!!!

2 quick chick flick picks...

tammy_ver5.jpg   

Tammy 1/10

Not worth a theatre viewing... Or at all...

McCarthy tries way to hard to be the female Chris Farley and fails... Her previous film co starring Sandra Bullock "The Heat" was so much better but her style of shock comedy based on a foul mouth has already ran dry...

lucy_2014.jpg

Lucy 8/10

Amazing flick, visually beautiful and at times thought provoking... Great popcorn flick and has just the right amount of action to keep you entertained...

Definitely worth seeing in the cinema environment...   

Romijn, why Tammy? Did you lose a bet? I can't stand that girl in the movie either. You hit it on the head, she tries way to hard. 

RG wanted to see it... and to be honest, I did enjoy the one she was in with Bulloch...

But Tammy need up being a "dude weres my car?" / "The Pest" stab my own eyes out type of flick...

Sharknado (by it self 0/10) but i saw the rifftrax* version that bumps it up to a 5/10

seriously it is a really bad movie. like there is bad sci fi movies and then there is sharknado. it was like a 5 year old edited it together. but the rifftrax guys made it so much better to watch.

*rifftrax is the guys from Mystery science theater. if you never saw it its a group of guys that pretty much make fun of the movie and such while you watch it. rifftrax.com

Dude... the entire point of Sharknado is that it's a bad movie. It exists primarily to be mocked. You sound like a fool saying it's a 0/10. :p:P

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Wide-560x282.jpg

By far the best Marvel film to date...

Hope this is a sign of things to come from the Disney Marvel team up...

Hey Sony, Fox... You guys paying attention??? THIS IS HOW ITS DONE!!!

Easy 10/10

Going to catch it a few more times in theatres... It soooo worth it...

Easy 10/10

I agree completely.  GoG was a great movie.  Just the right mix of everything, we would see it again in a heartbeat.  10/10

Easy 10/10

Can i give it  11/10. 

• Like 1

300 rise of an empire: 7/10 gory but thoroughly enjoyable. If you liked the first you'll like this one.

Total recall (new ) 6/10 nice action flick but the plot still had some massive holes running through it

• Like 1

Easy 10/10

Can i give it 11/10.

Yes sir you can...

It deserves it...