Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
BGH228

Rate the last movie you watched.

8 hours ago, DukeDesu said:

Didn't you know all Pixar movies are spin-off sequels of the original Toy Story movie? 

I love that theory :)

9 hours ago, DukeDesu said:

I felt the same way about Toy Story 3. 

One of my favourite movies. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

One of my favourite movies. 

The way the Toy Story movies capture being a kid, being an older kid, and no longer being a kid... masterful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

The way the Toy Story movies capture being a kid, being an older kid, and no longer being a kid... masterful.

So true. 

15 hours ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

I get sad just thinking about that

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zelq said:

I get sad just thinking about that

Don't worry, a nice trip to Disney World will cheer you right back up (and those jerks know it).

9 minutes ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

Don't worry, a nice trip to Disney World will cheer you right back up (and those jerks know it).

so true. my sister just got back from DisneyLand and the pictures got me itching

52 minutes ago, QuiGonGinRummy said:

No kiddin' we got suckered down in April...

2 hours ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

King Kong, Skull Island....5/10

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man, that's a bummer, and your not the first mediocre review I've heard. I was looking forward to seeing it too. 

Man, that's a bummer, and your not the first mediocre review I've heard. I was looking forward to seeing it too. 

It just felt forced. And there is some seriously bad acting in it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. 5/10

They were trying to do a lot with this movie and tie together a couple unfinished storylines (I assume). I have only seen the first two movies. The acting wasn't bad and the bad guy was really cool. I do like pirate stories a lot so I enjoyed this movie all the same. Ultimately though, I would reccommend it as the kind of movie to play on Netflix to fall asleep to.

Finally willed my way through Suicide Squad, and I almost wanted to commit suicide. What a piece of shit that movie is. Why is it that every DCCU movie has to be dark as hell, visually and tonally. The plot was complete nonsense, acting was horrid and was just boring to watch. 

• Like 1

We have some tough critics here. I loved Skull Island and liked Suicide Squad. Maybe because I'm not a DC fan, and I don't know the characters/universe that well is why I liked it. I wasn't expecting much. It's a superhero movie, not Gone Worth the Wind.

I read Batman/Detective Comics growing up. I've read many of DC's more critically-acclaimed stories. DC comics are supposed to be tonally and visually dark. Think about it. Most of the villains and even many of the heroes are seriously fucked up mentally compared with Marvel's selection. Hell, the Batman cartoon from the mid-90's had some seriously dark shit in there that made me feel uncomfortable as a kid.

So, if you're disliking DC because you think that's not how it's supposed to be, you're very wrong. I'm not saying it's wrong to not like something dark thematically, but I am saying it's wrong to expect a story and world to be something it's not. 

As for the story of the DC Universe movies post-Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy (which still contains my favorite superhero movie, The Dark Knight), yes, they've been pretty bad. The writing is just not there, which boggles my mind because they have such great source material to draw inspiration from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebigjay19 said:

Blade Runner 2049 is impressive! 9.5/10

Agreed! Excellent movie!

• Like 1

Totally agreed. Not only was it amazing to make a sequel to Bladerunner and have it be amazing but in some ways it enhances the original and opened more questions than it answered! So good.

• Like 1

The Foreigner 

It is a Jackie Chan movie (he produced & starred in it), though not the stereotypical JC movie (it's not an action-comedy).  While there are action sequences & of course explosions, that's not the core of this film. If I were to give it an actual classification, I would probably lump it into the "political thriller"; it's certainly the first film I've seen of his where he does kill.  It caters to a certain niche/demographic of viewer;  you'll either like it or not, it was something of a "slow burn" for me.  

6 or 7 out of 10

(Late to the party) Baby Driver

Loved the music and the driving. I fear I went in with such high expectations, though, that it sabotaged some of the enjoyment. I do regret not seeing it in the theater. 

7.5/10, will probably not buy.

• Like 1

Justice League

I liked it overall, but anyone expecting an Avengers flick should see an Avengers flick.  I could also see where Zack Snyder left the film & Whedon took over. Some were obvious, like some scenes from the earlier commercials not making it into the final film, other like actual comedy/light-hearted scenes (which Snyder simply does NOT do) making it into the film.  I'm also guessing that GL was supposed to be in the film under Zack Snyder, but that was changed when Whedon took over.  It's a good follow-up to how uplifting Wonder Woman felt.  While by no means the best DC installment of their recent flicks, it'll definitely be added to my DVD/Blu-Ray collection when it hits.  

7 out of 10

Thor: Ragnarok

Certainly entertaining, bordering on campy in some parts. It almost felt like they were trying to match the humor level of Deadpool. Valkyrie was good, Korg was pretty funny and gave me hope that maybe we'll see more Hulk chars (She-Hulk, A-Bomb). Hulk was almost a bit too goofy in parts. Loki was great. Grandmaster was great (Goldbloom, duh). Overall a good time, but I'm not sure where'd I'd rank it in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

8/10